The kids had fun in the USSR

Attributes cheerful childhood, for which you could get it in the neck from adults. Photographer Alex Marahovets collected all, without which it is impossible to imagine the most fun and dangerous Soviet boy childhood. "I was not some notorious hooligan, waif or punks. But when I think of what we were doing in the yard, I sometimes become a little uncomfortable. Our skills could envy zapravsky extremist ", - says Alexei.

Website with the warmth of this post is that of nostalgia for the carefree time.

The children of my generation did not have computers, and that says it all. Yes, we did not know Contra, did not know the Warcraft, do not know the Farm Frenzy. All of our entertainment stored in the recesses of the house, in the yard, in the tables and in the attic, on the balcony and in the garage (who he was). And now I say with great certainty - my childhood was much more interesting and richer without a computer.

Rogatki

Who remembers the makeshift slingshot? They were of two types: classic and drills. Classic cut from thick hazel branches with fork, buy a gray harness the pharmacy, got a piece of skin (can be cut secret house from travel bag and put the blame on her sister) and all are held together by copper wire or the blue tape.

Charge the slingshot so smooth pebbles, which is often brought into the yards of the sand, or immature berries such as rowan, plums or cherries, which grow enough of the house. Sometimes the power of the shot rock enough to smash a bottle of champagne from three meters. This slingshot appreciated due to the fact that not everyone has enough skills and resources to create it. It can be exchanged for other valuables such as inserts from Turbo, CinCin and Final90.

Taking a walk, and nothing to do, you could make a slingshot easier - keyed. To this end, in a landfill had to find a thick aluminum wire braided and find the flagellum. With the latter there were no problems - easily extracted from the panty elastic. The newer pants - the better flagellum. Slingshot to shoot such dowels - bent horseshoe slices of copper or aluminum wire. Harm it did not cause much, but pigeons and cats poshugat was ok. Sometimes the slingshot becomes the last argument in the yard brawls - thigh cauterize it's great! Basically just shoot in the air, enjoying the sound of a flying key. This slingshot gathered for one day and night, usually blended to someone for "drive on bicycle».

Bryzgalka

What do you think is sikalka? Something from the word "Sika". And there is. It is a popular water yard melee "fight" to the era of the appearance of disposable syringes in pharmacies.

Master sikalka from an empty bottle of shampoo or a liter plastic bottle "Whites." In a traffic jam on the plate with hot nail to make a hole and inserted half a ballpoint pen without the rod. All this is sealed with mastic or clay. In the bottle to pour water (for the first time at home, after - from the pipe under the balcony), and squirting the opponent. It was an alternative to expensive and scarce water pistol. By the way, sikalki was very cool to quench their thirst.

Darts game "Darts" did not play just lazy. We, too, as a child loved to throw darts. Yes, that's just not sell them or they cost a lot of money. Therefore, almost every boy in our backyard could make it myself. Dart on its Flight and vtykatelnym quality get better than factory. See how we make them:

A piece of paper, 4 matches, needle, stationery glue and thread. On the wall hung a homemade rug target of notebook sheet and play.

One day my friend and I were playing darts in my house and squabbled. He threw a dart of anger in me and stuck his right hand, and I hit him in retaliation to the stomach.

The street has made a dart of welding electrodes. Honed on the curb one end and another primatyvali pigeon feathers. Throw in wooden doors and trees.

Bumerang

Yes, so now you can easily buy any boomerang shapes in store. And in the late 80's nothing like selling. We got out of the situation as follows: bought stationery in two 30-cm wooden ruler and twisted their cross tape, and then at home on the ferry twisted blades. Obtained excellent boomerang that could even come back! They, again, frightened crows and pigeons. And I ran to the ninth floor, where I had spent all my childhood.

Plevatelnaya tube or harkalka

Another essential attribute of the boys was a metal tube for spitting plasticine or mastic beads. Get this handset was very difficult, and it is highly valued in the yard. Right on the phone lepilsya large supply of putty or clay, which pinch off a piece and charge the phone. Besides moral damage, such spitting nothing gets in his victim. Later tube was replaced with a rod blank from gel pens and plasticine - millet or buckwheat.

Dymovuha

Only our generation knows what is the connection between children's dolls, or a tennis ball, and that's this:

But we know what happens when pieces of this special, magical, plastic wrap in foil or paper, and set fire to put out. How many nerves uncles spent in the garage when the roof of them arrive here is a miracle.

Nozhichki

In my opinion, every boy in his childhood was here such a folding knife. It's always been a source of pride. His treasured away from his mother's sight not often carried out. The knife was always in the sand, remember? And all because he was just an instrument for playing "knife."

Version of the game was a lot, but often played "zemelku", "Tank Battle." Each game had plenty of varieties. For example, "zemelku" Damn circle divided it equally among the number of participants. Each stood on his land. Then he stuck the knife in standing section of the enemy and cut off from their land piece by piece. "Advance" (not stuck) - move into each. And by the same rules we had all the time to stand on their own land as long as you can. On the other - could be outside, but in the event of a catastrophic reduction in your area, the enemy offered you three seconds to stand on it. If you can not resist - it is eliminated. You could even stand on his toes of one foot - the main hold for three seconds.

A more interesting and has a long game "Tankzors". Remembering its regulations will not, but here's the shape of a knife - remember that in the tank was placed in such a way?

Gunpowder "Semidyrka"

We extracted from the nearby landfill Zavolzhskaya that the Red Yar, near the sewage. Valorous a military arsenal overthrown under the open sky, these little yellow things that we collected. And once we brought the sand into the yard. Not just sand, and with a tubular powder. Of course, its concentration was low, but you could gain 15 minutes a handful of gunpowder. Apparently, kamazist decided not to bother with the sand and his cherpanul near landfills. So go to a landfill for a dozen kilometers away, we no longer had - Arsenal appeared right under the windows.

What do we do with him? Yes, a lot of things: wrapped in foil and placed on other "semidyrki" torched, and gunpowder in foil turned into a missile. Just burned, made wicks for the flash-bangs, and so on.

Svinets

How much of this word for the heart of child ... merged and blended in a literal sense. Remember how prowled along the garage, scoured Car junk yards in search of old batteries?

Split them and extracted pure lead, knocks a dried electrolyte and crumbled soft metal in tin or in a bowl, make a fire and wait for the bank shine liquid metal. And then fill it in the form of clay and doing everything your heart desires. From the fist to toys and trinkets.

This is dangerous, and can be poisoned after inhaling vapors of lead, especially if the melting of his house.

KarbidKto remembers the magical stones with a specific smell that bubbles in the water? Carbide - a joy for those who found him for the whole day! Caring shook out his welders from their tanks right there where they worked. Often in the yard:

And a bunch of useless white rot certainly was sought several strong calcium carbide stones! When combined with water, it was reacted and allocated a wonderful gas - acetylene. It is remarkable that the well-lit.

Which not only used as carbide. And just throwing in a puddle, setting fire to it. And warmed his hands, clasping her hands carbide submerged in a puddle. And puts it in a bottle with water, plugging the plug ... But the most efficient use of carbide was hand gun:

They took the empty bottle from under a deodorant or "dichlorvos" cut his neck, were doing at the bottom of the hole, put into carbide, heavy spit on him, and stopped all the holes, shaking moment, open the tray and a lighted match to the small holes - a volley!

I have an older brother told me that in his childhood they were whistled a carbide tank and poured it into the drain well of water. They closed the heavy lid with a hole and waited for half an hour. Then one boy held the match to the hole. There was an explosion that knocked out several windows in the house next door, the lid flew up, hitting the first guy on the chin, and then covering it up a bit in the fall. But the worst thing - he received severe burns face, the scars of which remain for life - I've seen a picture of him as an adult.

Magniy

The ground magnesium powder in a file, we mixed in a certain proportion with potassium permanganate, which cost a penny at the pharmacy, and wrapped in a tight paper bag, wrapping more duct tape. We are doing a hole and screwed to match it, so that sulfuric head turned right in the hole. It turned out something like this:

Strike sharply on the match boxes and sharply cast aside. A package with a deafening noise and a bright flash of exploding.

I also liked to organize various experiments with magnesium home. For example, I put it in acetic acid and collected in a jar catching bubbles of hydrogen. Then match the hydrogen ignited. He burned with a ringing sound. Or set fire to the powder magnesium pinch and quickly threw it into the water. Magnesium hydroxide, resulting in a violent reaction from the burning, sublimated to the ceiling and fell out white flakes as snow. By the way, never try to extinguish burning magnesium or titanium water - will be an explosion of hydrogen and oxygen.

Our aviation capital (Ulyanovsk) in the '90s could easily find magnesium. It was enough to find aviastarovskuyu landfill or cut off a piece of the rim from the plane of the monument, which is in the new town was a few. Once one such dump and burned magnesium longer throw from the factory - everything fell into strict account. Sawing magnesium was arhitrudno - damn it took a lot of time. But the end justifies the means.

Slate in kostre

I think you can easily remember, what happens to the slate in the fire. That's right, no good - he strongly shoots. Cusco. Yes, at times, so that the original fire remained little. Shooting slate just throwing it aside. To the delight of us.

Crossbows and pugachiIz normal sticks or pegs simply going to match crossbow or Pugach. They shoot a burning match.

Bombochki

Lamps and kineskopy

Sin was not a break in the trash discarded fluorescent tube. They are broken down with a loud bang, if you throw the lamp on the asphalt ends. On the ecology did not think.

But the find in the trash was extremely rare and is always a great joy to boys.

Cast lots who will throw the first brick in the upper tube (CRT ray gun). She was the most vulnerable point of the tube. When the lamp was broken - picture tube due to internal vacuum collapse into a very dull bang, echoed in the yard. The neighborhood boys immediately came running to look at this action. But often we have found kinescopes with a broken lamp.

Cartridges for sifona

Used cartridges for gazirovalnyh devices (siphons) are also sometimes went to work. They are stuffed with sulfur from the matches and closed the bolt hole. Then he throws a hell of a device in a fire.

I must say that this piece was the most dangerous invention yard boys. Once all the students of our school was removed from school and sent to the funeral sixth-grader, a splinter of the balloon which has damaged the carotid artery. First I did not have time to come.

And another friend was left without two fingers when a balloon filled with grinds on electric emery wheel. Personally, I've never done such a balloon, and other categorically do not advise.

Flying bolt

A simpler way to make a "bang" was a twist of the two bolts and nuts attached to all this package as a stabilizer. I also did such a thing, but without the package. Just throw on the asphalt. And he received shrapnel wounds as a result of a finger ... The BTF made mini-operation without the knowledge of her mother. It is much later found hidden extract from the trauma center of shrapnel wounds. It was a shock.

May zhuki

Search beetles we have already started in April. We walked into the woods with a shovel and dug them out of the land. May beetles were very valuable in the yard, while they were alive. We stuff them full of cans. Even distinguished by the color of their heads: red - firefighters, black - workers. There were a greenish hue - the border guards. Long mustache - male short - female. Once in the courtyard there was a rumor that the pharmacy make money nadkrylki beetles. I will not go on - it could be called a genocide. Wings ultimately not accepted.

Dyubeli

I think our generation is easy to explain the relationship of these items. Plug in hammering a brick pavement, removed, crumbled into a hole matches, inserted dowel and threw a brick on top. Wham! And a piece of asphalt is gone. Matches worth 1 penny for boxes and freely buy in the store.

Pistony

Who had the gun, who shot such pistons? But it was interesting to strike sharply on the brown spots something sharp and watch as they ignite. Or even more interesting: roll roll bars and recoil from it with a hammer. Ringing in the ears for 10 minutes has been achieved.

Gilzy

Empty shells from ammunition also were in business. They are stuffed with sulfur from the matches are bent by the neck and into the fire. Personally, I did efficiency suggestion tucked sleeves and petrol lighter. Bach is not so much, but effectively. Instead of gasoline could fill diesel fuel, which can be easily drained from the tar colliders.

Mounting patrony

Occasionally someone appeared cartridges such construction, which is charged in the construction gun hammering dowels. Also went to the fire. But more interesting was their thick winding wire and holding it for the long end of the capsule to knock on the corner of the transformer station. Cartridge Babakhan and deploy "a rose».

The boys, who were involved in biathlon, sometimes at home were carried out here are patrons of the "melkashki." Of these, just removed the gunpowder, the benefit of the bullet can be easily removed with pliers (idiots were).

Kondensatory

In the fifth grade school craze swept the radio parts. Capacitive TV capacitors (2000 uF 100-300V) is charged from the 220 volt outlet and used as a stun gun on his comrades.

Circuits smaller type of resistors and diodes, textbook hammered into the outlet, which led to normal with this explosion of sparks.

Pistolet

Everything was the same legal weapons factory production. Remember, he shot?

Peace uvlecheniya

From peaceful hobbies reminded braids out and colored wire. They found a piece of telephone cable and derbanit it.

Cherkashov on botinke

The fire was a constant companion of the boy. One could easily find a match, but with Cherkashov boxes - not always. Out of the situation this way: take a cigarette filter, put it on the end of the foot, burned and waited until he was a little melted. Then, abruptly applied boxes brown side. The rough base glued to the shoe. Thus, the "boxes" was always with you. However, it had to be updated periodically, as my mother scraped off his shoe.

Magnifying steklo

Lupa was considered one of our biggest treasure - with the help of it you can see and beetle and fire in sunny weather ignite. The latter function is used much more often. The larger the loop, the more productive it is in this respect.

Author: alexio-marziano

See also:
Children restructuring
Moscow Olympics-80 in things and souvenirs

via www.adme.ru/suveniry/moskovskaya-olimpiada-80-v-veschah-i-suvenirah-616105/

Tags

See also

New and interesting