If you ever had the feeling that you find it difficult to eat enough greens, then a small investment in a high quality juicer is one of the best things you can do for your health.
Raw juice is like a "living broth", as it has a lot of minerals, which are lacking in many people.
When you drink freshly prepared juice from greens, you seem to receive an intravenous infusion of vitamins, minerals and enzymes because they go straight into your system without requiring cleavage.
Drink a glass of this juice in the morning — it will give you so much energy that you won't need any stimulants, including coffee.
As the juice is already in an easily digestible form, it renews energy levels in just 20 minutes... and this is only the beginning of its advantages.Three reasons for squeezing juice is a phenomenally healthy habit:1. Squeezing the juice, you are absorbing all the nutrients from the vegetables.
This is important because most of us — digestive disorders due to the fact that we spent years not eating healthy. This affects the body's ability to absorb nutrients from vegetables. In fresh juice, they are already "pre-digested", so you get the most nutritional value and keep it in the toilet.2. Squeezing the juice, you effectively consume the useful quantity of vegetables.
Almost all health services are advised to eat six to eight servings of vegetables and fruit a day, but only a few really adhere to these recommendations. Vegetable juices is a simple method that almost guarantees getting the daily allowance of vegetables.3. This allows to significantly diversify the range of vegetables in the diet.
Many people every day eat the same vegetable salads and side dishes. This violates the principle of constant rotation of the products and increases the likelihood of developing food allergies.
Besides, it limits the number of different phytochemical substances in the diet, as each vegetable has inherent only to him useful properties. Juice you can squeeze from a variety of vegetables, including ones you may in General not like.In addition, fresh juices:
Cleansing with juice: there is even a children
- Contribute to weight loss. In one study, adults who drank at least a glass of vegetable juice as component of a diet, have lost 1.8 kg in 12 weeks, and those who followed the same diet but did not drink the juice, dropped only 0.5 kg. in Addition, those who drink vegetable juice, significantly increase the consumption of vitamin C and potassium and reduce overall carbohydrate intake.
- Strengthen the immune system, charging it with concentrated phytochemicals. Raw juice also contains biophotonic light energy that returns the body to life.
- Increase your energy levels. When the body is in abundance receives the necessary nutrients and the pH is optimally balanced, you feel like your energy is overwhelming. Since this energy the body can use immediately, those who juice report an almost instant "rush" of energy.
- Support brain health. People who drank juices (fruit and vegetable) more than three times per week, the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease by 76 percent lower than those who drank juice less than once a week, according to the Kame Project.
Cleansing with juices — a new trend among fans of a healthy lifestyle. There are even juice bars and prepackaged juice for purification. Of course, there are very convincing arguments in favor of short-term (or even long) periods of cleansing the body juices — when for one or several days you only drink fresh vegetable juices.
This is usually done with the aim of cleansing the body or for the treatment of certain diseases, but if you think about a longer period of cleansing the body juices, remember that this should be done only under the guidance of the practice of natural medicine. Some people drink the juice out of the greens during periodic starvation.
In Time magazine it was recently reported that the craze of cleansing juices touched even the children — at least one company sells cleansing juices especially for children. The cost of such juice is about $ 100. Juices for adults cost more than 600 dollars per set for five days of purification.
I don't mind cleansing juices, under certain circumstances, but children usually are not the best candidates, because their body needs healthy fats and proteins, which are not present in fresh juices. In addition, you do not need to spend hundreds of dollars on fancy juices – they are not hard to prepare themselves for a fraction of this price, and they will certainly be much fresher.
My approach is that vegetable juices have become a regular part of your diet, not just a whim that you are given a couple times a year. Drink green juice every day — and you get a lot more use than some three day cleanse.
The best I can every day to drink vegetable juice — as a drink with a meal or snack (ideally, along with a source of healthy fat to ensure absorption of fat-soluble nutrients).
The juices from green, not from fruit
This is very important, because if the juice too much fruit, it will have more calories and sugar (fructose). For taste you can add Apple, kiwi or a handful of berries, neonovoy part of it should be organic greens – spinach, celery, Kale, chard, etc.
Unfortunately, it is believed that green juice taste good, and many people avoid it because of the color. A recent survey by Jamba Juice company, showed that 28 percent of adults in the U.S. "scared" of green juice and 32 percent said green juice to be the most unloved. Such a bad reputation persists despite the fact that, according to 32 percent of respondents, green juice is the most useful.
Yes, it is necessary to get used to, but, in fact, have a green juice a very pleasant aroma, and the taste can be changed according to your preferences. If you are just beginning to squeeze the juice, it is better to start with the more mild taste of vegetables, such as cucumber and celery.
You can then try red leaf lettuce, Romaine lettuce, spinach and chicory salad, as well as parsley and coriander. Greens such as Kale, Kale, dandelion, and mustard is quite bitter, so it's best to start slowly with a few leaves. To juice the taste was more pleasant, especially in the beginning, you can add:
What kind of juicer is better?
- Lime and lemon: on a liter of juice can add from half to a whole lime or lemon. You can even squeeze the juice from the skins, if you don't want to clean them. Lime perfectly disguises the bitterness.
- Cranberries: if you love cranberries, you can add a few berries. Do not place more than 100 grams per 0.5 liters of juice.
- Fresh ginger: a great addition if you like the taste. It is even more "up" juice!
High-speed blenders like Vita-Mix is perfect for smoothies with greens, but the juicer of them are not the best. Juicers — the widest range, and the cost starts from $ 100. Good juicers cost $ 150. Juicers are of different types — from high-speed centrifugal to slow squeeze.
The slower the juice is extracted, the more nutrients it retains. If you're new to the squeezing of juices, I recommend to choose a juicer an average price category. Cheap centrifugal juicers (e.g. the Juiceman) break easily, give juice of low quality and very loud, hurting the ears.
Besides, they are short-lived. My favorite — a juicer with one auger. It works relatively quickly, is cheaper and easier to clean than more expensive juicers with two screws, or even a juicer Norwalk for $ 2,000. Now to this juicer. Considering the options, remember to consider the difficulty of cleaning the juicer as it can affect your desire to use it every day.Says"juice lady" Cherie by Calbom: "In the end, the best juicer is one that you will enjoy."
Tips for those who are beginning to squeeze the juice
As soon as the juice will become a habit, you will see that you will look forward to the next batch and even missed him, if you miss one day. Here is a detailed guide on how to squeeze the juice, but first you need a good recipe – something tasty, otherwise you will likely drop it even before starting for real.
"Add dark greens — because it is so beneficial to health," recommends Susan. "I use Swiss chard, Kale, parsley. Combine them with the cucumber and celery. But if you have never drank these juices, it's better to add something for taste, such as a little carrot. Or lemon is also great. The taste will be much better. I add lemon to almost everything I do."We strongly recommend to use organic vegetables and drink the juice immediately after preparation.
Vegetable juice is very perishable, so it is better to drink all of the prepared juice. But, with certain caution, the juices can be stored up to 24 hours, while their nutritional value is moderately reduced. This is very useful if you take juice with me to work to drink throughout the day. To properly store juice:
Most people drink juice in the morning, but if it does not fit into your schedule, then drink it when you like.
- Pour it into a glass container with a sealed lid to the top. Air in the tank should be the minimum number, because the oxygen in it (air is 20 percent oxygen) will "oxidize" the juice and destroy its value.
- To store the juice even better, you should look for vacuum pump products, e.g., Food Saver, and the attached Bank. You can pour the juice into a jar with a glass lid and use the pump to pump out the air to vacuum storage. This will remove most of the oxygen, which can damage the juice.
- Immediately put it in the fridge and drink whenever you want. It is better to drink it as soon as possible and, in any case not later than 24 hours after preparation.
Author: Dr. Joseph Mercola
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption - together we change the world! ©