Kichri (Khichdi, Kitri) is a mixture of rice and Mary with spices. This is a very important dish in cooking in Ayurveda. Is usually taken 1 part rice and 1 part Masha or Masha 1/2 part more. Their combination is a good protein combination. Balanced, easy to digest, nourishes all the tissues of the body, cleanses and rejuvenates cells.
- 40 minutes. Ingredients (8 servings):
How to prepare:
- Water — 1500g
- Coriander — 15g
- Ginger root - 15 grams
- Mash - 200 g
- Fresh parsley - 10 g
- The basmati rice (grains) — 200 g
- Salt - 15 g
- Clarified butter (ghee) - 80 g
1. Mash iterate (inexpensive mache often come across stones), soak in water for 3-4 hours. Rinse the rice and mash.
2. In a large pot heat ghee ghee, fry until pink in color tablespoon of grated ginger, add a pinch cucurma, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, Bay leaf, pepper and heat, stirring until fragrant.
3. Add the washed mung bean and rice, salt. Mix well.
4. Pour 6 cups of water, bring to boil, boil 5 minutes, remove the foam, reduce heat and simmer until mung beans are soft.
This delicious drink will help normalize hormonesSalad of raw beets for those who can't stand it
5. After mash and rice seethe turn off the heat add the chopped fresh coriander and parsley.
Traditionally served with chapatis, sabji.
Cook with love!