The technique of relieving headaches and migraines

Headaches are most often caused by muscle tension in the head, resulting in a narrowing of the vessels that supply oxygen to the nerves in the brain. Headache warns the body that the brain does not receive enough oxygen.

Too often we suppress these signals by taking aspirin, instead of trying to relieve stress and muscle tension that caused the headache.

If the headache persists for several days, be sure to consult your doctor. Migraines in addition to severe pain, often accompanied by nausea and blurred vision. It is a serious disease and you should be under a doctor's supervision. However using acupressure to relieve migraine attack.

Larry, one of my friends from time to time suffers from migraines. One day though he continued to take special medication, asked me to help. I showed him two points. A few weeks later, Larry told me that he worked on these points during a heavy pulsating headache — just five minutes the pain is gone.

I recently helped my friend Carrie, whose head was just split after an unpleasant phone conversation with my parents. I pressed on the specific point on her shoulders and neck, then at the base of the skull, nose and feet. Suddenly in the middle of the procedure, she took a deep breath and said he understood how she should behave with their parents. After a half-hour session of acupressure headache she completely disappeared.

The Chinese doctrine says that headaches can signal not only about the bad physical condition of the body, but also about the emotional and spiritual problems of the individual. Acupressure helps to identify the causes of frequent headaches.

THE MAIN CAUSES OF HEADACHES

Curvature of the spine:

if the cervical vertebrae are in the wrong position, it creates tension in the muscles of the neck and head. They can pinch the cervical nerve and cause a headache. If the pain is severe, be sure to consult with your doctor.

A slight curvature of the spine and related headaches can be eliminated with pressure on the point of V 10 Tian Zhu is located on the belt the muscles at the top of the soup about an inch on either side of the spine. Lie on your back, holding the point V10 Tian-Zhu and supporting the muscles of the neck; try to touch them for three minutes, breathe deeply. Then stretch your arms along the body, close your eyes and lie down in a relaxed state for five minutes.

Stagnation in the intestines:

headaches in the front of the head often accompanied by constipation.

Using GI4 point Hae-GU is located in the depression between the thumb and forefinger, you can get rid of headaches and stagnation in the intestine. Impact on the point for two minutes for each hand relieves headache.

Abdominal massage also relieves constipation and headaches. Press the acupressure points located in a circle at a distance of about 7.5 cm from the navel (imagine a clock and let each point corresponds to a particular hour. Follow in the direction of the arrows).

Pain in the nasal sinuses:

when you are unable to remove accumulated in the sinuses fluid, increasing the pressure causes a headache.

To relieve headaches and clear sinuses, massage the V2, Chuan-Ju, then E3 Ju Liao and finally, F3 tai-Chung.

ACTIVE POINTS TO RELIEVE headaches (Fig. 1)

Gates of consciousness (VB 20), Feng Chi

The position: under the base of the skull, in the hollows between the two large vertical neck muscles.

Action: helps with arthritis, headaches (including migraines), dizziness, tension in the neck and pain in her neuromotor impaired coordination of movements, tension in the eyes and irritability.

Castle of the wind (VG 16) Feng-fu

Position: above the spine, in the groove under the base of the skull.

Action: relieves pain in the eyes, ears, nose and throat, helps with nervous disorders, headaches, dizziness and tension in the neck.

Drilling bamboo (V 2) Chuan Zhu

Location: in the depressions at the junction of the nose and the eyebrows.

Action: relieves eye pain, headaches, eye fatigue, helps with hay fever and pains in the nasal cavity.

The point of the third eye (VG 24.5) Yin-Tang

Location: directly between the eyebrows, in the indentation at the junction of the nose and frontal bones.

Action: balances the pituitary gland, helps with hay fever, headaches, indigestion, tension in the eyes, relieves the pain of peptic ulcer disease.

Beauty face (E3) Ju-Liao

Effect: reduces pressure in the eyes and fatigue, runny nose, congestion in the head, tension in the eyes and toothache.

Entering the valley (GI 4) Ho-GU

Caution: do not use this point on pregnant women until childbirth, because the effect on it can cause premature contractions.

Location: on the convexity between the thumb and forefinger at the top of the muscle that protrudes when connecting the thumb and forefinger.

Effect: reduces pain the front of the head, toothache, pain in the shoulders and pain in childbirth.

More pressure (F 3) tai-Chung

Location: on top of the foot, in the depression between the pain - shim and the second toes.

Action: relieves pain in the feet, headaches, tension in the eyes, helps with allergies, arthritis and hangover.

Above tears (VB 41) zu-Lin-qi

Location: in the upper part of the foot, about 2.5 cm above the depression between the fourth and fifth toes, between the bones.

Effect: reduces arthritis pain throughout the body, helps with headaches, pains in the side, edema and sciatica.

Not necessary to use all these points. Select one or two and it will bring the desired effect.published

From the book: "Acupressure" Michael reed, GAC 1995

Exercise "Crocodile" — corrects congenital and acquired disorders of the spineObstetrician Michel odent: the more tests, losing pregnant, the more cause for anxiety

Source: www.massage.ru/pain/painhead.htm

Tags

See also

New and interesting