Derek Sivers: How to stop being hurt

Sivers is a musician, clown and Creator of the online music store, "Sit up baby". At one time it was the largest independent music store with a turnover of $ 100 million. In 2008, Derek sold his brainchild, and three years later wrote a book about it-bestseller.

It's all because of me

I was thrown out of his book two chapters: they were too evil. In them I described how I wanted to replace my subordinates; how they tried to bundle me out of the company; as they have turned my business into a swamp. They thought only of themselves and completely forgot about the client.

After selling my business I would be mad at this ring. I felt that I was treated unfairly, my name is defamed, lied to me. I just had to tell the world how it really is.

But why, then, I threw these two chapters?

I realized it was all my fault That I let my business become a swamp.

I closed my eyes to the problems instead of trying to nip them in the Bud.

I spit at the ceiling or rolling on the trips instead of having to run the company and train their people.

I confuse employees when they shared their early thoughts before they turned into solid solutions.

I announced decisions, then assumed they do. And I'm not checking what is really going on.

I anyhow chose people who entrusted the work instead to think about every order.

(continue in the same spirit)

And when I realized that it was me, I felt better. I felt very good.

It's a hundred times better than to forgive , When you forgive, you're still a victim and the other person still hurt you. You just find the strength to let go of the sins of others.

Much better to admit that everything happens because of you. It does not hurt you, and not you did a bad thing. This is just a result of your own actions. People play a role in the situation you created. They complete the picture that you painted them myself.

Oh, this power! Now you look like a superhero. Now all the bad doesn't happen to you, because of you. You yourself make mistakes and learn from them. Finally, everything is in your hands, and you have nothing to complain about.

I was so happy with this thought that I decided as a joke to apply that principle to everything in life.

• Employee stole from me 9000$. It's me you need to trust, but verify.
  • The love of your life suddenly breaking up with me, and in a letter (after six years of relationship). Again, it's me: I had allowed our relationship to come to a standstill.
  • Were rude to me. And I'm able to pre-setting the mood, and this would not have happened.
  • Not the government? My fault: nothing prevents me to engage in the political process and to change the world.

20 hard truths that no one wants to admit

WHY is it better to say nice words

See what this hidden power?

Yes, it would be better to call this approach responsibility, but it's the smart grown-up word. And "All of me" — failsafe and simple rule, which is not ashamed to apply to any situation.

Try. Stand up from the chair, look out the window. It's all you. This is all the result of your actions.

Cool, huh? The power is very you.published

©Derek Sivers, translation Maxim Eliahou

Source: thebigplans.ru/my-fault

Tags

See also

New and interesting