After moving to Silicon valley, I have attended many events in order to understand how it all works. Pretty quickly it became obvious that most of them are made among beginners "networkname" to other similar. Or take the so-called "mit-UPS" — meetings for entrepreneurs, where can investors look. At events like this everyone is afraid to tell you the details that did not steal the idea. And those who are represented as investors, most likely, did not make even a single investment. So the only question I ask myself before the next meeting - will there be the unique information or people I need to achieve my goals? If the answer is positive, to derive maximum value from any event in any country, I use the following techniques.

Each event — your arrival timestrictly brought up, and I really appreciate your time and others, so being late is not typical for me. However, the scenario of some events makes it impossible that you can use, only arriving at a certain time. For example, if you assigned a place in the hall, you can come just 30 seconds before the start, to the people who would like to meet you, saw you passing by. At private dinners after major events is the appearance at the last minute and steady, but unhurried fashion show by tables allow me to greet all of you with whom I want to communicate itself, and to notify all others of your presence if they want to communicate with me. This same technique works well in small rooms, if you need to meet eyes with someone from the speakers: then, after visual contact you will be easier to catch him in the break.

If you are interested in other visitors of activities (want to see who was coming, or to find in the crowd someone in particular), come an hour before the start of the event, select a comfortable place near the entrance or registration table and watch. So I met with one of the first venture investors in Silicon valley Pitches Johnson, who later became my professional mentor.

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.forbes.ru/forbes-woman-photogallery/psikhologiya/293809-est-kontakt-8-sekretov-znakomstv-s-vazhnymi-lyudmi/photo/2

Tags

See also

New and interesting