This salad is just a storehouse of useful carbohydrates and proteins. It is especially appreciated by those who are involved in sports or physical labor. But for office workers it is also useful: prepare the salad the night before and take for lunch.INGREDIENTS:
For the filling:
- 1 Cup green lentils
- 1/2 Cup millet
- 1 long cucumber
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- a handful of olives, pitted
- 1/2 Cup almonds
- grated zest of 1 orange
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 orange
- 5 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp honey mustard with grains
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the lentils in a saucepan, pour 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until tender 20-25 min. At the end of cooking salt. Drain in a colander and cool.
2. Millet pour 1.5 cups of cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt and cook under cover until tender, 25-30 min. Loosen with a fork and cool.
3. Cucumber cut into small cubes, cherry tomatoes cut in half. Coarsely chop the cilantro, parsley and mint. Coarsely chop the almonds.
4. Mix the millet, lentils, vegetables and greens, sprinkle with almonds.
5. For the filling put all the ingredients in a blender and beat well. Pour salad dressing and mix gently.
By the WAY
Instead of millet for this salad you can use other cereals that you like, in the first place bulgur or large couscous and whole oatmeal or pearl barley, wild rice or quinoa.published
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©
Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki