Life without junk — Get rid of 5 things

I was flipping through Facebook yesterday, the ribbon and his eyes caught on the picture of the girl showing off her gift on Valentine's day — an expensive Italian coffee machine.

It would seem, for it can only rejoice.

Imagine now in your kitchen you can make coffee is no worse than in expensive coffee shops! Want a macchiato, I want a caramel RAF... And this homely aroma of freshly ground beans... And dream about coffee in bed...

All super, if not for one thing.

Coffee machine is a terrible, TERRIBLE gift. It is a sentence. Now I will explain.

Come here.

Things oblige. Be obliged to use them, compel them to think and speak, be obliged to support them.

What's happening now?

If the house is a coffee machine — now you're guaranteed to drink coffee at every opportunity, but it is at least once a day.

And do not care about scientific evidence that coffee is a strong drug and caffeine a powerful oxidizer, and each dose of espresso — shock to the system.

You're still going to drink it. Every day. Because now you have your OWN coffee machine! And it obliges. There she stands in the kitchen waiting for you, come on now!

As with all things:

• If you have a home bar area or, as is now fashionable, a wine rack, then you are guaranteed to receive the reasons of "cultural" drink.
  • If there is a hookah, you smoke.
  • If hanging a plasma, you're going to get stuck.
  • And even if you're a vegetarian and teetotaler, but in the freezer you have lying around the stack of dumplings on a rainy day, sooner or later you're going to eat it. And, as usual, at night, drinking beer and looking at the telly.

Look, it's inevitable. It's like a bad theater if the wall hangs a gun, it must shoot.

Because things require. But some things — this sentence.

Okay, enough of "the goods".

I brought these examples to clarify how the principle works.

The good news is that realizing this principle, we can turn it to their advantage.

How do you do it?

The conspiracy of things: changing the rules of the game

So we have established that any thing just obliges in virtue of its existence in our space.

So why don't we use this property of things with a benefit?

It's good to know fans of the morning Jogging. In the evening prepare the form and running shoes, put them by the bed, to literally stumble on them after waking up. How can you not run?

It really works:

• If in a conspicuous place lies the yoga Mat, once you rasterise for classes.
  • And on the meditation cushion one day, still sit down to meditate.
  • And sensible book on the night table there, he will open a browse before bedtime.
  • And night munchies will satisfy your Apple if that's all there is in your fridge...

I think my idea is already clear:

We can consciously surround yourself with things, "oblige" us to development. But at the same time getting rid of anything "binding" on indulging your temptations and bad habits.

When we only do some tentative steps to realize the change in some of the areas of life, we are very vulnerable. Any little thing can knock us out of the way.

Because at this point the only fuel change — our intention and will power, and it's always — limited resources.

So better to be safe and at least to not to create temptations.

Recipe Bob Marley is not only applicable to women:

• No machine — OK, in the morning, drinking tea.
  • No booze at home — question, and some whiskey for me to entertain guests, does not arise.
  • No house foods — easier to eat healthy food.
  • Not in the toilet collection of gloss — leaves time in the morning to pranayama.

And of course, don't forget about the constructive side, use the "binding" force of useful things:

• You have a juicer — more juice.
  • Started the clean language clean language.
  • Pour the glass of water — drink immediately after waking up.

Hygiene space

Later, when we are already rooted in mindfulness, a healthy lifestyle becomes a habit and requires less effort of will. Admit it, we're not badly stressed will to brush your teeth in the morning and take a shower. Somehow it without stress, of course.

At this stage, things are not so strongly affect our behavior.

So, you can two weeks to stay in the room with the TV and never include because of the miraculous question, "why me?" becomes the background in my head.

In simple words, mindfulness is the regular and systematic inquiry:

• "What now directed my attention?"
  • "What's going on inside of me?"
  • "Why should I?"

However, at this stage, "the conspiracy of things" does not lose its relevance, rather, it reveals from a different perspective and hygiene.

There is a principle: what outside, and inside.

Things occupying the external space is the space in consciousness, pulling internal resources — attention, energy and time.

It is for this reason so it is useful to regularly cleaning up the house and throw out all rubbish.

From my own experience I know how difficult this is.

In my years I have several times moved from one apartment to another, and this experience has taught me to be ruthless to things.

I remember first moving from the dormitory to a safe place — in the best traditions of Gogol's Boxes I was carrying all the stuff that managed to accumulate in four years of study:

"The big encyclopedia of philosophy" in five volumes? Useful, of course!

Broken semi-automatic washing machine "baby"? And suddenly come in handy?! etc.

I think I was hopeless.

But you know how it turned out, to throw things is a skill and it takes practice.

With each move I learned to get rid of things, learn to let go.

Yes, these have become the family unit, a selection of classical music on CDs, movies, clothes, dishes...

And now, how would I live without them?

And that's it.

All the furnace. Ruthlessly. Through the filter "to sell>to give>to throw in the trash".

The past three years, Natasha and live in the journey, we have no home in its usual sense, the whole world has become our home.

And now all of our belongings fit in two suitcases, with whom we are traveling.

It gives ease and freedom. Unloads the mind from unnecessary headaches and worries about the "family silver" and "porcelain tea sets for 16 persons".

Although I must admit, there is one skeleton in my closet.

Five years ago I bought an expensive toy — rare convertible.

Well like, it happens to everyone. Rode a couple of seasons and cold. Put it up for sale two years ago, but still not sold — now the country is not the best time for the car...

And for several years I literally pay for his whim. I felt that every year spend up to 100 thousand rubles for its maintenance — storage, IT, insurance, taxes... despite the fact that last summer I rode him for just one day — from the garage to service...

But it is not only money, more importantly, is this metal thing continues to occupy a piece of my mind.

Because things require.

We must continue to be careful!

Life without trashIf you're reading me for some time, you know that my posts are practical.

The information is of no use until you don't integrerede in your life at the activity level.

So now let's move from blah-blah-blah to something specific.

I suggest you call on this week — getting rid of junk.

Here are just a few working tools from my experience.

1. Arrange an audit of your space,do Not rush to throw out expensive things — plasma, coffee machine, etc. All appeared in your apartment is not accidental. And you naively mistaken if you think I will be able to get rid of it.

Got a better idea — start to begin to understand what different things in your homes is really "require" you bow your head in one direction or another.

Fresh eyes look at your home from that perspective, which we talked about today.

We can't let go of what you don't realize it. The key to letting go is to clearly see to understand. So first try to understand their relationship with things.

2. Tidy homeCleaning structures and clears the mind.

3. Get rid of five things

Collect at least five things you're going to throw this week. Anything — clothes, gadgets, books, old furniture, broken appliances...

An important criterion is that these things have been a little bit, but it's a pity.

Can sell, can donate, can simply throw out — it is not so important.

Just get rid of them.

4. Put things in order in the refrigerator

Better to do it when you're not hungry.

5. Get organized on your desktop

6. Put things in order on the desktop of your computer

7. If you have a car, wash it and put things in order in the cabin, throw all the junk out of the glovebox, armrest and door pockets.

8. Get organized in your bag, purse, backpack, purse — what do you have?

Perhaps this will be enough to feel the effect.published

Author: Igor Budnikov

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: welcomebackhome.ru/article/id/318/it/kak-perestat-byt

Tags

See also

New and interesting