10 tips on how to throw out all the trash out of the house

We constantly buy and carry unnecessary things in the house. They accumulate in the cabinets, on the shelves in the corners ... In the end, you live with the feeling that no matter how much do the cleaning, the house is always a mess.

Before the New Year remains only a week. And if we resolved to throw rubbish out of the house, now is the time! The founder of the blog 365lessthings Colin Madsen (Colleen Madsen) shared her life experience, and Website gladly publish her translation tips.

I never considered herself a good housekeeper. But in 2007, my family moved from the US to Australia. The new house was much smaller, so I had to choose what to throw (to give, to give), and what to take with them. I'm right, but mainly because the choice I had.

My husband a few years should retire, so I'm ready to move into the house even smaller. Therefore, I again had to get rid of the heaps of things. However, I had no idea how.

And then I got the idea: to throw out unnecessary things one day next 365 days
For three years I was thrown out of the house more than 1,000 unnecessary things, and breathe much easier. In addition, I realized that in getting rid of rubbish there are a few key principles:

1. Stop carry unnecessary things in the house h3> If you simply replace the old things new, it wasted time. It is necessary to reduce the amount of things that you are home. Buy less. Ask friends not to give you trinkets. Believe me, you will not regret. It's cool - free from the desire by all means buy this excellent piece here , and out the other, and this ...

2. To throw at least one unnecessary thing in the day h3> But without fanaticism. There are things that are indispensable: unpleasant to eat from plastic dishes or sleep on the floor, for example. But yonder chandelier exactly on the shelf you do not need.

You know, I look completely different attitude to things. My home in a few years has become more spacious, it is now stored minimum necessary items. Now my home - is a place to live, not a warehouse.

3. First dispose of it, what is easy to part h3> no need to immediately throw out the things that do not seem necessary, but too sorry for them. Most likely, so you'll quickly give up. It is better to start with, than to simply give up. Gradually you addicted, and to decide what to throw out and what to leave, will be easier and easier.

4. Make a plan h3> If you start does not work, move their belongings and decide what to throw out and what can be sold, taken for recycling, give or donate. Write all
Many things I have sold on Ebay, Freecycle or traded on carried to the local pawnshop and shelter. Of course, a lot of options, and you can invent your own.

5. Promise yourself that will not leave an unnecessary thing just because it "should» h3> The house should be just what you like and what use. Do not let guilt (John is trying so hard, choosing the toy lamb) or others dictate what you keep and what does not. Your Thing - so you and decide what to do with them.

6. Do not be afraid to let h3> To throw thing, you need to honestly answer the question: do I need it or not? Many items in the house seems to be useful, but it is absolutely not conducive to happiness, well-being or convenience. We need to understand the difference. For example, if you live alone, rarely taking guests and the chef, why do you need 20 8 dessert plates and pans?

7. Try to convey to others that things are a gift you do not need h3> There are lots of ways to please loved ones, while not giving unnecessary thing, which eventually turns into a dust collector. Communicated to the people that thought. If they want to make you a gift, let it be a new experience, an adventure, time spent together.

8. Do not try to build a house to the maximum h3> It is unlikely that you need a lot of bed linen, dishes or figurines. You're not a hotel. Soberly assess their needs: a crowd of visitors come every day, and this is the case, you can take the dishes from the neighbors. That's what I did.

9. Do not dispose of other people's things without permission h3> Everyone has the right to choose what he needs , including small children. Ask them to think and to choose themselves what they can give. Nothing can - okay, a month later to ask again. Perhaps it will wean them carry home more and more new things and to understand the difference between the utility and caprice.

10. Do not waste your life on the "materialism» h3> Every thing you own, takes time out of your life - if only for a few minutes, but still. Time for cleaning or repair, the time to buy and choice of what to buy a sweater, red or green. Not to mention the time you spent on earning money to pay for a purchase or to take the credit thing. Take a conscious decision to spend less valuable time of my life on what to look for when buying and owning things.

These principles have helped me the last three years. When I first started, you had no idea how much rubbish throw. I thought it would be incredibly difficult, but in the end it became a way of life and saved so much money that we now live in a beautiful little apartment (much smaller than the previous home, but we have enough) with a gorgeous view of the sea and a gym within walking distance . We are about to retire, and it seems to us like this: free stuff and hoarding will be easy to live.

According to the materials: becomingminimalist
Translation: Website
Preview: giesendesign

via www.giesendesign.com/design//organizing-your-ideas/organizing-your-closet-on-a-budget-with-carpet-flooring-47453.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting