Caramel honey cake with orange cream

This aromatic honey cake with orange cream with a delicate and delicious cake that I ever tasted! The finest cakes with a hint of toffee, amazing orange cream and banana layers will gently melt in your mouth, leaving an unforgettable mark!

Ingredients:

Dough:

• 390 grams of flour
  • 155 g of sugar
  • 110 g butter
  • 90 g eggs (about 1.5 eggs)
  • 63 g honey
  • 9 g of soda
  • 2.5 g of citric acid

Cream:

• 360 g of cream cheese
  • 50 grams powdered sugar
  • 300 g custard orange cream
  • 150 g thick cream (25-30% fat)
  • 1 banana
Orange custard cream:

• 180g of freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 180 gr sugar
  • zest of 1-2 oranges
  • 240 g eggs
  • 150 g butter
How to cook:

1. To prepare the cakes need to melt the sugar, and this process does not require a rush, so set aside all the things, relax and start.

Pour the sugar in a saucepan with a thick bottom and put over a medium heat, once the sugar begins to melt, reduce heat and continue heating. When at the edges it will become Golden – tilt the saucepan in one direction and then the other to still unmelted sugar was poured into the molten. The main thing is not to hurry and not to mix it with a spoon!

2. When all the sugar is smooth and caramel in color, remove the skillet from the heat and add the liquid honey. I use the acacia, it is very like the soft taste and aroma, and most importantly, it does not freeze, which is very convenient. When I added honey and stirred until smooth, gently pour in the hot butter. Heat it is necessary that the caramel hardened on contact with cold oil. Stir caramel until smooth, pour into a bowl and allow to cool to 70 degrees, stirring occasionally her. It will take about 10 minutes.

3. Stir in the caramel about a third of the flour and all the eggs, mix and add soda with citric acid, actively vymeshivaem dough. You can then pour the remaining flour and mix everything until smooth. Roll the dough into a ball and leave to cool to room temperature, which is not very easy, because it smells! This delightful scent of warm honey and caramel I want to breathe all the time! It is difficult to leave even for a few minutes, the smell will force you to go back to the kitchen again and again.

4. When the dough has cooled, divide it into 9 parts and form balls, each ball very thinly roll out the dough into a circle on floured parchment. The dough should roll out to that size, then from it cut a circle with a diameter of 18-20 cm. Prick the dough with a fork and bake each cake at 160ºc for about 5 minutes. Hot cakes is very flexible, so they need to cut out circles of the necessary diameter. From scraps to make crumbs for cake / fairy party/.

Here and ready-made cakes, a little bit more and you'll have a stunning cake!

5. For orange custard cream, you must mix in a heatproof bowl sugar, juice, zest and eggs and put in a water bath. The mixture must be continuously stirred (but don't do it very intensely, otherwise they will not reach desired temperature) when the temperature reaches 84 degrees, and the cream will become very thick, remove from water bath, cool slightly and add butter, mix well until smooth. Then, whisk everything in a blender to obtain a smooth cream, and let cool in the fridge. Cook the cream for quite some time, so please be patient or book.

When the custard has cooled, mix it with cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, then add sour cream and mix everything again. If you are a fan of bananas like I am, then very finely slice one ripe banana, you can even crush with a fork into a puree and add about 4-5 tablespoons of prepared cream.

It remains only to assemble the cake.

6. Banana cream hvataet about 2 layers of what they will be in a row – you decide. Assemble the cake, fluff each layer of cream and sprinkle it with crumbs from scraps.

And now the most difficult is to sustain it at least 10 hours in the refrigerator, and a better day! This is a must, otherwise everything was done in vain.

Also delicious: Pistachio-apricot tart: enjoy to the last crumb!

Recipe for Greek orange cake

Gather family or friends around the table, brew your favorite tea or coffee, take a bigger knife and cut a slice of this fragrant pleasure! Believe me, one you will not be able to stop!

Cook with love ! Bon appetit!

Author: Elenademyanko

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: vk.com/academy_main?w=wall-46725206_22776

Tags

See also

New and interesting