This baby was born almost normal, but then the doctor looked at her feet ...

British women have Mandy Sellars (Mandy Sellars) rare disease - Proteus syndrome (a congenital disorder characterized by the rapid growth of bones and skin that is often accompanied by tumor-specific parts of the body)

Sellers now 41 years, and for the life she has experienced dozens of operations and procedures. Proteus Syndrome occurs in the world, just seven million. For this reason, even in medicine no clear treatment plan and the list of drugs that can accurately prevent tissue overgrowth. When Mandy was born, no one suspected that she had a rare disease. However, the girl's legs were slightly larger than those of other children.

"I was born with the defect legs, they were larger than other children. The doctors could not pinpoint what's wrong with me. Some were even sure that I will not survive, "- the beginning of the story Mandy

. Later the girl's legs began to grow rapidly. Family members and physicians were in complete disarray because of these changes. In 2 years in baby's legs grew larger, and Mandy from childhood had to spend a lot of time in hospitals.

"I felt helpless, I could not control my body. I was sure that my life was over. I did not know what was happening to me, I do not know why my legs grow. No one could establish an accurate diagnosis. I was prescribed pills and surgery, I was ready to go at all, "- shared Mandy

. In 2012, the doctors decided that the girl "elephantiasis", but later realized that she had a very different disease - Proteus syndrome. Doctors began to intensively treat Mandy and try different treatments.

Experts have already received the first results - for five months of treatment, "thinner" legs more than 10 kilograms

"It was a miracle. My legs were much less five months of treatments. Now I feel comfortable, I accept myself for who I am. Now my life has changed for the better: it became easier to move around and do things just to live. I am happy not because my feet are gradually reduced, but because I learned to live a normal life with the disease. I am proud of myself and I'm sure that on the right track. I do my best to be happy ", - summed Sellars

Despite its unusual appearance, Mandy perfectly normal lives: she graduated from college, is now studying psychology at the university, she has many friends, hobbies, she even learned to drive

Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting