Tell me what you want to eat, and I say that is wrong with you

In English, there is a very accurate and useful concept - food craving, which is not in Russian. Literally, it means "an overwhelming and obsessive desire cest any product." Probably each of us is faced with the "overwhelming desire" in that whatever was eating cake with butter cream, empty bag of chips and a chocolate swallow whole.

Probably more than once you catch myself on the fact that not having to chew one piece of pizza, hand already reaching for another. Firstly, we want to reassure you - it is absolutely normal. Secondly, in this article we will teach you to analyze your obsessive desire to eat something, and give advice on what to do with them.

Where does the desire to eat a certain a certain product? Scientists came to the conclusion that the blame for everything our brain. We are biologically programmed to ensure that enjoy fatty and high-calorie food. It was a human survival mechanism. Since then, it took a couple of million years, life has changed dramatically, and we are no longer "hunter-gatherers", but certain areas of the brain are also working, as well as our primitive ancestors.

I want sweet
Have you ever noticed that the candy we often are drawn when the Dam, we had a fight with someone or do not in the mood? Sweet wants in those moments when the body is under stress.

Scientists have proven that eating sweets and fast carbs, on the one hand, increases the level of serotonin - the "hormone of happiness", on the other hand, the level of endorphins (hormones that soothe and relax us). This explains the difficulty of focus on one small clove of chocolate or one pechenyushki - our brain asks for more. Curiously, the low level of serotonin, may also be associated with a lack of proper bacteria and enzymes in the gastro-intestinal tract.

What to do:

1. At a time when the hand reached for a chocolate bar, stop, take a couple of deep breaths and try to analyze why you want to eat it: maybe you're thirsty, hungry, or you feel sad

? 2. If sweet still want to use a more useful alternative: a slice of chocolate (preferably not less than 70%), fruit, spoon honey

. 3. Diversify your diet sweet vegetables! Often we forget that in corn, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato and sugar beet is very sweet and rich flavor. Try to use them more often in their dishes and notice that the craving for sweets decrease significantly.

4. Take probiotics and monitor the health of your digestive system.

I want salty
Researchers concluded that the desire to eat something salty due to deficiency of minerals in the body. One experiment showed that people with a lack of calcium in the diet is much more and more like salty food. This is understandable: natural salt contains about 60 different minerals

. However, table salt, which is often used, is subjected to severe treatment and loses all its useful properties. Another reason for a strong thrust with salt can be dehydrated, as long as the salt helps the body to retain water in the cells and feed them.

What to do:

1. Eat foods rich in minerals, such as green leafy vegetables (spinach, Kale), broccoli, pumpkin seeds.

2. Use seaweed (nori, kombu) - an excellent source of minerals with spicy salty taste

. 3. Get a high-quality salt, for example, pink Himalayan and use it in cooking.

4. Drink more water.

I would like bitter or sharp
The desire to eat something bitter or sharp rarer than sweet or salty. However, these desires are understandable. There is a theory that spicy foods promotes sweating and helps people to "cool down" (eg, spicy foods in Mexican cuisine). Other researchers believe that spicy food can be addictive.

High blood pressure, heart rate and heart rate as a consequence of spicy food give a certain adrenaline rush. The spicy food is not bad, if it is used in moderation and the choice is made in favor of useful options: a little chili or cayenne pepper give the sharpness to any dish and add the benefit

. Bitter foods improve digestion, so the desire to eat something bitter may indicate that the body of accumulated toxins and have problems with digestion. Many people drink coffee or bitter beers to quench this desire. Instead, we recommend a dark leafy greens such as dandelion greens, mustard, arugula, Cale. These products help to clean the body.

Always listen to your body - it will tell you what it lacks. In this case, power is to strike a balance - sometimes treat yourself to something unuseful but very tasty it may be necessary and even right!

Tags

See also

New and interesting