How to easily learn anything

Everyone has a dream: to learn to paint, more exercise, or maybe learn a new dance direction. But all the time something interferes: there is no time, it seems that nothing will come

. Belle Beth Cooper proved by example that give up stupid: anything can happen, it is wanted. Her motivational post about small steps to big goal could not catch the Website

Last year I became an early riser, learn a foreign language and read 5 times more books than could overpower before. At first glance, I put a lot of effort to achieve such results. But in fact, nothing extraordinary and complex I did not do.

I helped these 4 principles

Do not rush into the maelstrom of his head:.
do everything slowly When I started to cultivate, then I committed a big mistake. All the time I put in front of a pretty high standard: to get out of bed, not later than 6 am, read at least one book a week. And the difference between what I wanted to achieve, and the fact that I was able to, was so great that every day I am more close to what was to throw up.

But then I found out that the progress achieved at the expense of small victories. And develop a strategy. It was to focus on the repetition of a specific action every day - while I tried not to pay attention to how effective it will be. In other words, the amount in the first place, and then quality.

That's why I started

Read:. One page before going to sleep

First, I read only one page before going to bed (often the case that more, but if it turned out to master only one, I have already considered this achievement). When this habit is ingrained, I pinpoint the timer and read for 15 minutes. In the end, I read half an hour before going to bed and another half hour in the morning.

For comparison: in 2013 I read 7 books. In 2014 - 22. In 2015 - 33. And this is almost 5 times more than in 2013.
Learning a new language: one lesson every morning

One time I was studying French, but to treat it as something superficial. When I decided I wanted to improve my knowledge, it has become during the morning coffee to learn one lesson on Duolingo site.

At one session it takes only a 5 minutes, and the jobs are not complicated. Then, I have wanted to learn more - two, three, sometimes even four or five lessons, if there was a mood. I did as much as it turned out, but one lesson -. Sure

Now, according to the duo, I own about 41% of the French. And this is a great achievement when you consider that at the beginning of this language devoted about 5 minutes per day

Focus on something odnomChut if not the most difficult for me -. Not be sprayed. I always have so many ambitious plans, so much enthusiasm, in as many would like to succeed. But every time I tried to instill in yourself a few habits at once, all ended in failure. And the thing is that our brain is difficult to focus on several things at once. So I have a new rule: only when I brought the skill to automatism, I could take on something new. For example, only accustomed to read before going to bed, I began to intensively deal with the French. When performing tasks on the French did not make any work, I focused on how to train yourself to get up early.

Sometimes the fact that the skill was fixed, it takes a long time. Most of all, I was worn out with rises at 6 am. Four months (four months!) I tried to find a suitable approach, track your progress and talked about the success of a friend, whose help was just invaluable.

Now I am an early bird - wake up early without any alarms. To achieve such results, it was not easy, but it was worth it.

It is believed that as a whole to develop a new habit you want to plus or minus 66 days (ie about 2 months)

Eliminate barriers:. All that you need to be at hand I have noticed that to me is much easier to cope with daily tasks when necessary for their implementation things are close by. For example, for morning coffee, I definitely took with a mobile phone - so I accustomed myself regularly French. Or I was much easier spodvigut himself read the page before going to bed, when my book was lying on the bedside table.

One of my plans for 2016 - more often play the piano. Now I sit down for it, when I have a temper, but this is not enough, that there was visible progress. However, I noticed that I'm drawn to play as a piano nearby. Now I put it in the living room next to the door that leads to the kitchen. Now I can play when I wait until cooked food, or when I go to the kitchen for a snack daily.

Even in 2016, I would like more exercise. Again, I noticed that if in the morning on my form for the training, I have a desire to go jogging. Therefore, even in the evening I need to prepare the clothes I wear, waking

Accumulate habits:. Let new ones are added to the already existing actions performed on the automatism must be some kind of trigger mechanism and encourage take up something new. For example, getting up from the bed in the morning, the first thing I do - it is going to the kitchen and make coffee. While preparing coffee, I take to be the French. My years have already developed the habit to make coffee just yet, and encourages me to do the exercises. When going to sleep, then immediately I open the book: in this way, at a time when I climb into bed, I activated the trigger, and I think you need to read

Now the acquisition of new habits become for me a kind of hobby. And I was inspired by the thought of how much more you can learn, moving in small steps.

via www.pexels.com/photo/sunshine-sunglare-glare-lady-24668/

Tags

See also

New and interesting