9 tips for effective teamwork

Website sharing with you tips Randy Pausa - lecturer of computer science at the University of Virginia and the course of virtual worlds at Carnegie Mellon. In his classes, students worked mainly in groups, and to the interaction of all the band members could lead to the highest possible final result, Randy Pausch has formulated several important principles, which he shared in his book "The Last Lecture."

1. Correct meet people h3> It all starts with an introduction. Exchanged contact information. Make sure you properly pronounce each other's names.

2. To get started, take a number h3> When I have to work with other people, I try to imagine how we are sitting together with a deck of cards. I always want to put their cards on the table face up and told the group: "Well, what we all can do with the layouts?»

3. Look for commonalities h3> You are almost certain to find something that unites you with others, and when disagreements arise after that, you will be much easier to solve problems. Discussions about the sport do not know the racial and financial boundaries. In the most extreme case it is always the weather!

4. Try to make optimal communication h3> Make sure that none of you is not cold, no one was tired and not hungry. If possible, meet for lunch. Food always softens the atmosphere. That's why in Hollywood all the important issues are "at lunch».

5. Let everyone speak h3> Do not finish sentences for the other person. Do not think that your idea will be brighter, if you talk louder or faster.

6. Leave pride at the door h3> When you discuss ideas, assign them labels and write down on paper. The label should describe the idea, not the one who suggested it, "bridge" instead of "the idea of ​​Jane».

7. Praise each other h3> Be able to find something good and talk about it, even if the atmosphere became tense. If you look closely, even in the worst idea has something useful.

8. Formulate an alternative in the form of questions h3> Instead of saying: "I think we should do A, but not B," say the same thing differently: "What if we do A instead of B?" This will allow people to express my point of view, and not to protect the rejected version.

9. If you do not like something, immediately put notify h3> I noticed that many people spend a lot of time worrying about what people think about them by others. If no one has thought about what's going on in the minds of other people, all of us would be able to improve their lives and their work.

via www.litres.ru/rendi-paush/poslednyaya-lekciya-2/?lfrom=20503397

Tags

See also

New and interesting