The truth: Western experts about the latest Russian rollers

Within the category "the truth", we asked titled Western advertisers to speak about the latest commercials from Russia. Examples were sent to work for Sprite (RA "Native Speech"), Beeline (BBDO Moscow), social video traffic police (RA course), IKEA (RA Instinct) .Reklama Beeline too white, the movie "Stimorol" should reconsider because funny hats, Russian advertising would not have to send a friend YouTube, although in general, our advertising is the same as everywhere else - say experts.

The leaders - video IKEA, least of all Western colleagues liked the movie Sprite.

Today commercials estimate:

Eda Kauba, Creative Director «Euro RSCG Prague»:

There is no magic formula for which you want to evaluate creative. This intuitive learning good or bad work. I do not think about it - I feel it is, or, or not. Suffice it once to see all the videos - will be those who remember and those who forget - this is a clear "guidance". In general, the advertisement is the same as elsewhere. But this is a good start to achieve excellent results! I am sure that in Russia there is the creative potential that is still asleep - wake him so!

There is not magic formula, how to judge creative work. It's intuitive recognition of good or bad work. I don't think about it - I feel it or not. It's enough to see all TV ads just once - which I remember and which I forget is a clear «manual». Generally - ads as anywhere else. But this is good starting point to be great! I'm sure in Russia is a creative potential which is still sleeping - so wake it up! :)

blockquote> Jacek Szulecki, Chief Creative Director «Euro RSCG Warsaw»:

First of all, let me thank you for the opportunity to comment on the Russian rollers. I did not do it with as long as the jury was headed by the Moscow Advertising Festival two years ago!

First of all, thank you for the chance to comment on Russian TV commercials. I have not done that since I weas head of the jury at the Moscow Ad Festival two years ago!

blockquote>

Helmut Kruze, executive creative director «Euro RSCG Budapest»

Getting Started!

Eda Kauba, Creative Director «Euro RSCG Prague»:

Ikea: The ABCs of sleep - the winner [of the three clips shown]

Very nice for viewing, listening and understanding ... almost fell asleep! Not because advertising is boring, but because it works. Good idea - a good ekzekyushn. Probably not win any of the popular awards, but win the hearts of thousands who will decide on what they sleep. Great advertising can be quite ordinary - like an ordinary kiss. This advertising gave me a kiss, and she kissed any where you like, I'm sure.

Ikea - The ABC of Sleep is a winner.

Very pleasant to see, to hear, to digest ... nearly fall asleep! Not because of boring ad, but because it works. Good idea-good executions. Probably not a winner of any famous creative award, but maybe a winner of thousands hearts which will decide on what to sleep. Great ad could be just normal - just like ordinary kiss. This ad kissed me and it will kiss anybody anywhere, I'm sure.

blockquote> Helmut Kruze, executive creative director Euro RSCG Budapest:

Good demonstration of all the beds that they have to act ... as all the action is a dream. For a moment I wondered, are you Russian general blanket ... but, I think, covered the body is not enough interest. The sound is perhaps even better than visual images. I wonder how many famous clients like Ikea, always get quite charming work from their agency, no matter what country.

Nice demo showing all the beds they have in action ... as far as sleeping is an action. I was asking myself for a moment if Russians do not use the cover sheets at all ... but I guess covered bodies are not interesting enough. The sound is maybe even better than the visuals and I was asking myself how much certain clients like Ikea get always quite charming work from their agencies does not matter in what country.

blockquote>

Jacek Szulecki, Chief Creative Director Euro RSCG Warsaw:

Much ahead of all ...

Advertising Ikea, which actually stands out. Roller wonderful, insightful and very well made. It's a rarity when customers buy advertising that truly operates at the level of feelings and emotions. They showed pleasure of sleep is so attractive that I can not wait to go to sleep tonight! A deceptively simple idea, but when watching video several times - entertainment, it is a sign of great advertising.

And a long long way in front is ...

The IKEA ad which really stands out. It's wonderful, insightful and very well done. It's so rare to see clients buying work which genuinely acts on the emotions and senses. They make the joy of sleep so attractive that I can not wait to go to sleep this evening! A deceptively simple idea that is entertainingl to watch several times over which is the mark of great advertising.

blockquote>

Eda Kauba, Creative Director for Euro RSCG Prague:

The second advertisement, which is best remembered from the compilation is the traffic police - Lucky.

A very strong idea. Very sad, very true. Ekzekyushn might be a little less sentimental, but some things are very strong - the empty elevator, airport empty and sad end video where we see a girl in a wheelchair. The idea itself is great and terrible at the same time - is jealous of surviving victims. Very much!

The second which I remember from a selection at most is Road Police Department - Lucky.

Very strong idea. Very sad, very true. The execution could be slightly less sentimental, but some moment of the ad are very strong - empty elevater, empty airport and the sad end when we see disable girl on wheelchair. The idea itself is great and horrible at the same time - lived one envy the dead one. Really strong!

blockquote> Jacek Szulecki, Chief Creative Director Euro RSCG Warsaw

Movie about safety on the roads is much better, "Stimorol". This is an original approach to the problem, which was raised many times. The idea that the survivors suffer more than those who died, very strong. Nevertheless, I think it would be better if it did not show the girl in a wheelchair. It could also suffer simply because they have lost the most precious thing. Small moments like an empty elevator, and a plastic bag on an empty escalator superfluous. But, in general, very powerful idea.

The road safety spot is much better. It is an original way of looking at a subject which has been treated many times. The idea of ​​those who are left behind suffering more than those who die is very powerful. I think though that it would be better if the woman was not shown in a wheelchair, disabled. She could be suffering equally just because she has lost the thing she loved most. Little touches like the empty elevator and the plastic bag blowing down an empty escalator are unneccesary. But overall a powerful idea.

blockquote>

Helmut Kruze, executive creative director «Euro RSCG Budapest»

Well, I spent several years in Moscow and found that the red light - it's not the most important thing for the Russian driver. Production definitely spent money, but I doubt that this video is considerably change anything. After viewing all probably agree that it is bad to cross the intersection at a red light, but it is, perhaps, and all ... I would not bet that the next time will turn yellow traffic signal, the driver will remember this video ...

I would have sent this video to a friend through 'Youtube? Probably not.

Also, the use of the Passat as the victim machine touched my German pride.

Well, I did spent a few years in Moscow and I did recognize the fact that a red traffic light is not the most important thing in a Russian drivers life. The production did spent quite a bit of money but I doubt that the commercial will change too much. After watching that everybody will probably agree that it is a very bad thing to do crossing a red traffic light but that is probably it ... I would not bet, that next time the traffic lights turn yellow this commercial will cross the mind of the driver ... Would I sent it to a friend via 'Youtube' ... probably not. Using a Passat for the victims vehicel did hurt my German pride so.

blockquote>

Stimorol - a funny movie or not? Everyone chooses for himself the answer. For me - no, for my colleagues ... maybe. Very original style ekzekyushena - reminds me of the old Russian fairy tale. It is a pity that the movie is not even more fabulous. He stopped somewhere halfway to success.

Stimorol - is it humorous or not? Everybody could answer for himself. Not for me, for my colegue could be ... maybe. There is a specific style of execution-it reminds me old russian fairy tales. It's pitty that it's not even more fairy talish. It'stopped somewhere in the middle of the road to success.

Rollers Sprite and Stimorol - this is the worst for me.

Here, I see two big corporations try to be funny and youth, but the jokes are trivial, predictable characters, and directing at the same low level.

For example, why they are using the same frame where the man wipes his brow himself twice in one video? And why he gives the girl a flower with a kilogram of land dangling from the roots?

I'll start with the worst which are the two Sprite ads and the Stimorol. Here I see big corporations trying to be youthful and funny, the jokes are tired, the characters are predictable and the film direction is of the same poor «adland» quality. For example, why do they use the same shot of the young man wiping his brow twice in the same commercial and WHY is he giving a girl a flower with a kilo of earth hanging from the bottom?

blockquote> Helmut Kruze, executive creative director «Euro RSCG Budapest»:

At night, in the midst of a frightening forest is the only thing that comes to mind when you hear suspicious sounds, it is that it can only be a woman ... well, and this is obviously necessarily need someone to take care of your Bad breath ... I am convinced. Heroes in a good weird, production is charming, I like ... I reviewed the movie twice just because of the caps.

At night in the middle of a scary forest and the only idea which comes up when you hear some suspicious sounds is that this can be only a woman ... well and for that you need obviously somebady to take care of your bad breath ... I I am convinced. The characters are nicely odd a charming production, I like it ... I watched the piece twice just cause of the hats.

blockquote>

Beeline - a promotional advertisement with a color code. Just clear. Not particularly pleases me, but not annoying.

Beeline - promotional ad with a colour code. Simple, clear. Doesn't make me happy, dosn't offend me either.

I like advertising Beeline. I do not know why, but like it. I have seen such "man-in-the-game" advertising before, but the idea here really fits into the idea of ​​picking up bonuses. Art direkshen good, as well as sound.

I like the Beeline ad. I do not know why, but I do. I've seen «people in computer game» ads before but the idea really fits the idea of ​​collecting bonuses. The art direction is good as well as the sound.

blockquote> Helmut Kruze, executive creative director «Euro RSCG Budapest»

The only thing I remember after watching the movie, it's a lot of white. Of course, there is a computer game that I can hardly remember, and now we have a person who walks through the maze and collect one bonus after the other ... a good production is likely, but a little too general and white.

The only thing I remember after watching the commercial is a lot of white. Sure there si this computer game I hardly remember and now e have a human cruising the maze crushing one bonus after the other ... good product probably but a bit of an generic commercial and white.

blockquote>

Rollers Sprite - a perfect example of advertising clichés. Nothing more to say.

Sprite a very perfect example what is an advertising cliche. There is nothing more to say.

blockquote>

Jacek Szulecki, Chief Creative Director Euro RSCG Warsaw

Rollers Sprite and Stimorol - this is the worst for me.

Here, I see two big corporations try to be funny and youth, but the jokes are trivial, predictable characters, and directing at the same low level.

For example, why they are using the same frame where the man wipes his brow himself twice in one video? And why he gives the girl a flower with a kilogram of land dangling from the roots?

Here I see big corporations trying to be youthful and funny, the jokes are tired, the characters are predictable and the film direction is of the same poor «adland» quality. For example, why do they use the same shot of the young man wiping his brow twice in the same commercial and WHY is he giving a girl a flower with a kilo of earth hanging from the bottom?

blockquote> Helmut Kruze, executive creative director «Euro RSCG Budapest»

Good insight, but ekzekyushn too general. No surprises and surprise at the end, which I expected, because the movie is designed for a young audience, having sufficient experience in the media. Perhaps if the builder would have danced and sang his advice as in a bad musical ... I would have sent the job through a friend 'youtube'? Probably not.

The insight is nice but the execution is a bit generic. No real surprise which I would have expected since the the commercial is for a quite media experienced and young target group. Maybe if the construction worker would dance and sing their advise like in a bad musical. Would I sent this piece via 'youtube' to a friend? Most probably not.

blockquote> via # image789155

Tags

See also

New and interesting