A day in the life of the engineer department radio

It has long wanted to look inside the base station of the mobile operator, as I used this never encountered and worked with the equipment at frequencies either above or below, and the appointment of a broadband or military, ie pass me by working with cellular communication, but the time has come)

It was interesting how all the same equipment is used as mounts and that's just recently the opportunity I was given. The name of the voice essno OpSoSa I will not, and all markings zamazhu with membership, but that is not the point. I was much impressed and pleased.

1. The station is almost in the deep woods, but found it very quickly, because together with the technical documentation at the base station, we were given access map to the object, and the plan is not in the form of cards, and verbal, but very detailed, for example: Before pointer "So somehow" turn right, travel along the birch forest belt to the curve with the names carved on the bark, birch after turn nelevo, proedte 300 meters, etc. in general it is very detailed, more than fornication the area.

2. We go inside, usually on one tower there are containers of all three operators of the big three. We make a survey to nebylo debris, damage, etc.

We are examining the entire territory, not just a container.

3. And here is our container to survey its territory as well as the tower and the open, after calling service provider, imagine calling the name, personal identification number, the purpose of the work, the expected timing of the work. The container will be removed from protection, or rather not be removed from the protection of, and after the opening of the container for you will not go ... but it depends. In the photo partner, he dissected it.

Two

Three

4. Actually begin to work, the purpose of the work - examination of a communication followed by modernization. It is necessary to find out whether there is a free bus power, earthing, in units, space for mounting machines or free space on the DIN rail.

time

Two

Three

Earthing. Each wire on the 10 squares. Whether a joke?

Most of all I was surprised by the presence of ATS (automatic transfer switch). The tower stands in the forest, and in it are two different power line stretched dick knows where. Many broadband operators in the central node has only one entry, but here in the forest as much as two ... commendable.

Uninterruptable power source. As far as I understood the schemes he nourishes and base stations and lighting and air conditioning.

Here such here bulb hanging along the walls. When the temperature in the container to a critical, they burst with a thin layer covers all "poroshek go." Besides them there are two more carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.

Actually own base stations.

they are the same kind of inside

Air conditioning system. Compared with the outside temperature, inside the container unobtrusive, nice turkey.

RF cable coming down from the antennas on the tower in the container.

5. At the bottom, we all looked and perefotografirovat, and this I have shown you pictures of all-nothing. In reality, their 94 pieces. Photographed all that-that if something somewhere is not enough, will have to go again, and this 525 km in one direction. just finished at the bottom, you need to climb to the top. Dress gear, be sure to warm clothes and gloves, because below 30 meters all the steps are wet and have already icy.

RF cable descent. It seems the place is, one can add.

Our RRL, which we will upgrade.

time

Two

Actually everything. A survey completed, and now a bunch of approvals, drawings of this whole affair, a cover letter and a lot of the rest. Week it just go away. Only after that we will get new equipment and going to mount it. I hope that at least someone my post was interesting, thank you for your attention.

In general all the nice view. THM, tofu, I'll see you.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting