About food - a Russian restaurant in Brooklyn

On Monday, the child has finished school and we decided this thing somehow celebrate. The son demanded to take him to a restaurant and feed the soup. In fact, this seemingly innocent request is not so easy to carry. We are not very big walkers in restaurants and in the middle schools, we know, soups, in principle, do not submit or post one or two, and quite tasteless. In American schools, and they have a very peculiar. But rejoicing that no child asks nuggets with french fries and a normal meal we moved in search. As a result, the choice fell on a place called "Dining room" in Brooklyn. There's quite a peculiar atmosphere, but the main thing is quite cheap and tasty. And it's not Brighton, which also adds points to this place.

7 photos via samsebeskazal

And soups have appeared all so good that I even forgot how many there were. We were offered about six or seven to choose from. As a result, we took the meatball soup, okroshka, fried potatoes, pancakes with meat, Siberian dumplings, two tchebourek and a mug of kvass. To bring food delicious brown bread. On the table is edrёnaya mustard and vinegar. It serves as then accepted, large and we were able to eat, not all, even though they were hungry. Potato pancakes and take home. For the money came out of $ 34. 40 left, taking into account tip.

The institution tries stylized dining room, but it is not. Normal service, excellent cuisine and a simple decor. All a person need to just have dinner. During the meal, you can entertain yourself while listening to the conversations of other visitors, ordering "a decanter of vodka to begin with, and then select all the rest." I was unaccustomed to such and listened with a smile.

At the exit.

I usually buy them frozen dumplings Takeaway. A pack of 50 pieces worth $ 5. Dumplings as home. Shop after them, I can not eat. Since there is a busy street and parking problems, I'm calling on the phone and ask a signboard to bring them to the car. Always take out without problems.

Well, the menu for lovers of all details. By New York standards this is cheap.

They have funny phrases like "Shrimp Sauce" or "Salmon fillets." Another funny menu items when no price, but instead say "In the Market". This means that the price will depend on today's purchase prices for the products and it is necessary to clarify the waiter.

In general, if you have the Kolyma and torment nostalgia for familiar food, I recommend. Perhaps there are places better, but again, I'm not a big walker. Personally, I am more than satisfied.
___
All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting