In the world there are 195 sovereign states, almost every year there are new both recognized and unrecognized by the international community of public education. For a country not necessarily possess considerable territory to be considered independent - all the countries listed below, of less than one square Magnitogorsk. Among them is the oldest country in the world with the same boundaries, the oldest order of chivalry, the abode of the Holy See that forced Italy to put its own embassy in the capital ... In general, here's a list of the most-most "dwarf" on the map of the Earth.
15 photos from here
15. St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Area 389, 3 square kilometers. Population - 120 thousand people. The territory consists of the island of Saint Vincent, and 32 small islands of the Grenadines in the archipelago of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean.
14. Grenada. The area of 344 square kilometers. Population - 110 thousand people. A neighbor of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. It occupies the island of Grenada and the southern Grenadines islands in the archipelago of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea
13. The Republic of Malta. The area of 316 square kilometers. Population - 452 515 people. The island nation in the Mediterranean Sea.
12. The Republic of Maldives. The area of 298 square kilometers. Population - 328 536 people. The smallest countries in Asia, is located on a large group of atolls in the Indian Ocean, south of India.
11. Niue. The area of 261, 46 square kilometers. Population - 1398 people. Free association with New Zealand. It consists of the island of the same name and is located in the South Pacific, in Polynesia.
10. The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis. The area of 261 square kilometers. Population - 51 300 people. The smallest state in the Western Hemisphere. It represents the two islands in the archipelago of the Lesser Antilles, located in the eastern Caribbean Sea.
9. The Republic of the Marshall Islands. The area of 181 square kilometers. Population - 68 000 people. Free Association with the United States, located on 29 atolls and five islands of the archipelago of the same name.
8. The Principality of Liechtenstein. Area 160, 4 square kilometers. Population - 36,281 people. One of the European microstates. It is situated between Switzerland and Austria.
7. The Republic of San Marino. The area of 61 square kilometers. Population - 32,576 people. The oldest independent state in the world with the same boundaries. Located in Southern Europe, is surrounded by Italian territory.
6. Tuvalu. The area of 26 square kilometers. Population - 10,698 people. Pacific States in Polynesia, located on five atolls and four islands of the archipelago of the same name.
5. The Republic of Nauru. Area 21, 3 square kilometers. Population - 9378 people. The smallest island nation, located at odnoimknnom coral island in the western Pacific Ocean. It does not have an official capital.
4. The Principality of Monaco. Area 2, 02 km². Population - 36,371 people. The most populous country in the world, located on the shores of the Ligurian Sea and bordered on all sides, except for the coast of France.
3. Vatican. Area 0, 44 km². Population - 836 people. The smallest recognized state in the world, located inside the territory of Rome. Vatican status in international law - the auxiliary sovereign territory of the Holy See, the residence of the supreme spiritual leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. The sovereignty of the Vatican is not an independent (national), and derives from the sovereignty of the Holy See.
2. Order of Malta. Area 0, 012 km². Population - 3 persons. (In this order, it is the oldest order of chivalry in the world, has 13 000 members). The smallest part of a recognized state in the world. It has observer status at the United Nations and maintains diplomatic relations with 104 countries, supported by a large number of ambassadors. Under international law, the Order of Malta is gosudarstvopodobnym education, while the Order itself is positioning itself as a state. Official territory Order of Malta - Maltese Palace and the Magistral Villa in Rome, as well as Fort St Angelo in Malta.
1. The Principality of Sealand. Area 0, 00055 km². Population - 27 people. Unrecognized states, declaration of independence in 1967, a retired British Major Paddy Roy Bates. It claims to sovereignty over the territory of an offshore platform in the North Sea 10 km off the coast of Great Britain. Sealand first constitution came into force in 1975.
That's all. Thank you for attention.