Shock! It comes into force a law against sensationalism

Today comes into force a law that prohibits the collection, storage and dissemination of information about someone else's privacy. In particular, it is not allowed to publish data on the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health and sex life.

Let's raise the insanity on top, in spite of so to speak.

Those responsible for violations of the law may be subject to administrative and criminal liability. The opposition called the document a response to the sharp anti-corruption investigation.

"I, as chairman of the Moscow Union of Journalists, has always opposed this law and the amendments that have changed the essence of investigative journalism, journalism which is engaged and exposes those officials who are addicted not his work, and corruption, - said the chief editor and owner of the newspaper" Moskovsky Komsomolets "Pavel Gusev. - In my opinion, to date, what did the State Duma, probably makes a very significant harm to the whole situation in the country related to the fight against corruption. As for the journalists, of course, we will have to adapt to the relevant laws, because we will still be engaged in investigative journalism, and no hopeless situations. As for the visits of the various structures that are engaged in checking the media, we are waiting for it every day because we do not write only about personal data, and write about other situations in our country with real life ».

Author disclosures known under the name "Golden Pretzel" State Duma deputy Dmitry Gudkov, bloggers and journalists offering their services to promote personal data about corrupt officials.

"I am now hard to say what will be the practice, because now the opportunity to create a definition in the law for officials to deal with those people who expose, dachas write about, write about the apartments, children and so on. Now, such a rule in the law appears. How will it work, I think that we will see in the near future. Therefore, all I recommend sending this information Dmitry Gudkov, who still has immunity - said Gudkov. - I think that, maybe, in this case, the rule of law will not function. There is another, of course. There is a downside. As you well know, if the official begins to deal with a journalist or a blogger trying to refer to the norms of the legislation, the information about his private life, his dachas, undeclared apartments and so on, its assets abroad, so will spread more actively in Internet, because all that we have prohibited all this is much more interesting than if all this no one was fighting ».

Chairman of the Duma Committee on Civil, Criminal, Arbitration and Procedural Legislation Pavel Krasheninnikov, said that it is now forbidden to publish information that is not related to the state of human activities.

According to the MP, can not disclose the details of the private and apparently intimate life.

In the Duma, said that the law primarily protects the stars of show business from the persecution of the tabloids, which sometimes does not disdain for the sake of sensationalism.

mails with

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting