"The sad it is time to"

Moscow school students can not learn the works of classic ...

Asked my son-second-graders learn an excerpt from a poem by Alexander Pushkin's "Autumn." We asked today - and tomorrow to respond. Well, I say, all eight lines, quickly learn.

But with the "Autumn" all at once went wrong. I had to almost every word written by the great poet, to explain to his son. "Points charm" - hard, but explained. The poet admired the fall, its bright colors. Then we stumbled on the "withering". Torment, yet learned, and the second and third place. Even defeated fourth, although "scarlet", too long did not give understanding.

I was surprised: Pushkin, we read these words are not the most "terrible", this is not "The Song of Wise Oleg". And what is this incredible? They say Dima, half of the Channel we sailed. Doplyvem Come to the finish line. It remains the second stanza.

But the second stanza was more complicated. "In the hall", "wavy haze" and "long-term threat to the gray of winter" is not remembered. The son started first faltered, then scolded school textbook Pushkin. As a result, we went to bed two hours later than usual. They slept uneasily.

The next day he returned from school with "five". Excitedly talked about the fact that few fives, a lot of threes and twos. Some children do not learn this poem could. In the evening it was a parent meeting - scheduled at the beginning of the school year. Usually during a parents' committee to collect all the money.

But the meeting was almost entirely devoted to the "Autumn". Parents shouting: "How can you ask such a child! It's impossible to learn! Yes, even for only one night! "The shouts were supplemented by detailed accounts of how the children were crying, not sleeping night, taught, but have not been able to share with Pushkin charm boldins.

Interestingly, there was a problem with Pushkin, not only in our second "A". While I was sitting in a meeting, I googled "trend". And the truth is, that in blogs the same write - children can not remember "Autumn", because they do not understand the words. But further on the curriculum - poems Fet, Tyutchev, Yesenin ...

The teacher as she could explain to parents that the poem is nothing complicated. With all the words can explain what they are in the glossary at the end of the tutorial. And the fact that children do not understand and do not remember - so it's not Pushkin blame. And it is not the Department of Education, and the school. Parents continued to resent. Even forgotten that they themselves once the same "Autumn" and taught at the board to assess the telling.

"Children can not words to express their feelings, sensations. This is scary! - Said the teacher. - That's in the fourth grade assorted offer "the shepherd blows his horn." The children asked: "Do you know what the horn?" The disciples were silent. Suddenly, someone remembered that it is the ice cream. Another child said he had heard the word "when advertising on TV was some curds." And ».

Perhaps even after half a century in Pushkin's poem remain comprehensible only excuses. And while you can still enjoy the autumn forest and recite: "The sad it's time!»

© Jolanta Kachaeva, "Moscow News»

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting