As posted on the popular American website Buzzfeed article provides a list of "the most bizarre customs", which is necessary to know the citizens of the United States who are going to visit Russia for the first time.
The list of "oddities" consists of 16 paragraphs below.
So, according to the Americans, Russian customs:
1. Dress up for the trip to the store
Russian, especially those living in cities, love to dress up. For example, a beautiful dress and high heel shoes - it's the perfect outfit for a casual walk.
2. Sit down for a minute before the trip (on the track)
Packing a suitcase, most Russians pause and sit still for a minute before departure.
3. Speak long and confusing toast
Only the lazy Russian limiting phrase "for health" or something similar. Seriously. So get ready to hear anecdotes and follow them long speech.
4. Constantly telling jokes
They can interrupt his narrative to say with pleasure "and you know, it reminded me of anecdote," and then tell him, even if he is completely out of place.
5. congratulate each other when exiting the shower or sauna
They say, "Enjoy Your Bath!" In fact, congratulating each other with light steam
6. Answer the question "how are you?" Frank and meaningful
In Russia, the question "how are you?" Suggests a specific answer on the merits, and not just "fine, thank you».
7. Do not smile at strangers
Smiling casual passers - it does not matter. Smile must be present, and it should be shared only with friends
8. Celebrate the New Year with more enthusiasm than Christmas
Forget about Christmas. Christmas tree, gifts - all for the New Year, in fact it is a real winter holiday.
9. Constantly revise the old Soviet cartoons
"Well, wait!" (Russian version of «Tom and Jerry»), «The Bremen Town Musicians", "The Snow Queen" in Russia are the most favorite.
10. Calling all women "girls»
If you have called the waitress, shout "girl". If you want to ask the address at the 50-year-old woman, you can refer to it "girl." Any woman who is under the age of "grandmother" - a "girl».
11. To sit down at the table to eat, and stay behind him for hours
When Russian are going to dinner, they sit, eat and talk. Such conversations can last a very long time.
12. Collect packages
Seriously, Russian never, never, never throw bags. Because you never know when they will be needed.
13. Nagotavlivat the arrival of friends more than you need
And most of the dishes will be fueled with tons of mayonnaise.
14. Living with parents
It often happens that all generations - parents, children, grandparents - live together in one apartment.
15. Discovering complete strangers and immediately become friends
Then invite them to drink tea in just 10 minutes after the start of the conversation.
16. Do not come to visit without a gift (empty-handed)
Gift can be a dessert or wine, if you are invited to dinner, chocolates or flowers (necessarily odd number). Does not really matter what it is, above all - something to bring.