In the Netherlands, with a giant 3D-printer build a house

Forget the car parts or cases for the iPhone, the Dutch think much bigger. With 20-foot 3D-printer they create entire rooms, which will later be assembled into a unique home. Blockquote>

Evening view on the opening KamerMaker, 3D printer is 6 meters high, which helps its owners to build a fully printed house, location - Amsterdam. I>

Until now, 3D printing has been used to create a relatively small items - from cases for iPhone and finishing prosthetic fingers or small parts of aircraft. But none of these projects are not even close to similar to the creation of a full-sized house that Dutch architects began building in Amsterdam.

The project, known as «3D Print Canal House» uses super-large version of the popular home 3D-printer made Ultimaker. The idea was born when the Dutch architectural firm Dus started using 3D-printer to create layouts of rooms.

& Quot; It all started simply - we bought a large container through the Internet, and began to build one of the largest printers on this planet i> & quot ;, said co-founder Hans Vermeulen Dus.

Printer named KamerMaker, which translates as "builder rooms", and not as a cliché, but that's exactly what he's doing - building a series of rooms that can be joined together to form a house.

At the current time, the printer made a corner of the house with an adjoining part of the stairs, weighing about 180 kg. Building blocks which are currently produced and occupy about one week each time stamp have a cellular internal structure, which will eventually be filled with foam, which in turn, after drying, hardness will be compared with concrete, giving thus strength and the weight of the finished house (picture shows a part of the room printed over the weekend).

Architects focus on the many benefits of 3D-printing in the construction, arguing configurations is unbounded trust structures.

& Quot; Now, more than half the world's population lives in cities, and we need a quick method of construction to match the pace of growth of megacities. And we are confident that 3D printing is a way out. I> & quot ;, said Vermeulen.

Jadwiga Heynsman, one of the founders of Dus, and added the environmental benefits that can be obtained using this approach. & Quot; We can recycle waste into usable materials, and eliminate transportation costs of moving construction materials i> & quot ;, she said.

House-building site is now open to the public, which can see the printer in action. All home construction will take about three years. On completion of the house will be opened as a museum of design. I think it needs to furnish anything other than furniture made using 3D printing technology!

And at the end of a short video about the project:

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/215949/

Tags

See also

New and interesting