Catherine Deneuve and Marcello Mastroianni

It was the spring of 1970 on the set of the film "This only happens to others." Catherine turned 27, Marcello - 49. Before shooting Mastroianni was warned that Deneuve can not ask questions about his personal life, otherwise it would be a scandal and the failure of the shooting, such as the questioning instantly transform it from an angel with an enigmatic half-smile on his handsome face into things demon in a skirt. But Marcello just smiled his trademark smile: Nothing, we kindle it. Hero-lover never known defeat, but he did not know and Catherine.
At the time, she just broke up with French director Francois Truffaut. It was therefore more than usual cold and closed. When Marcello met her, the first thing he thought: Another professional beauty. After all, he, too, was not in the best moral form, since at that time experienced a break with Faye Dunaway. But despite all this, then that "only happens to others", and then it happened to them.

The revelation came, as always, suddenly, though his hand played and indirect circumstances. To take one of the episodes, the scenario which Deneuve and Mastroianni played a couple who have lost a child, the director decided to leave actors alone for a few days in a half-empty apartment. As Trintignant said: for a more convincing game. He then, of course, could not and think about what a fateful decision is made, leaving Catherine and Marcello each other without any hindrances in communication such as furniture, telephone, books and magazines, TV.
After the end of compulsory confinement it became obvious that they became a couple - one in a van with a trailer, Catherine, where she can spend the breaks between filming, turned off the water and light. And she did not hesitate, packed her bags and moved to a trailer Marcello. The secret is out.

Only a couple had to part: it Rome, she - in Paris. His daily calls and many thousands of affectionate nicknames filled her reality, but taking them to Catherine, she was stingy with verdure, introducing this Marcello in constant turmoil. Every day I bought a bunch of flowers - still some - daisies, daffodils, asters, and, tearing petals, wondering: love - not lyubit.Ved in response to the recognition of his passionate, Mastroianni usually hear something like this: Meet tomorrow ? Special train will arrive? I can not. I shoot. When I shake myself? In a week. That's rare visits and discreet affection Catherine makes it even more desirable. Never until now hero-lover did not have to deal with such a "fortress».

As a result, Mastroianni fed up with the constant separation and he rented an apartment in Paris. His legal wife did not interfere with this, I have put up with all her husband's novels. Although to the chagrin of Marcello interview with Catherine did not become more frequent. In addition to filming a movie, obstacle to their meetings became a seven-year son Deneuve - Christian, which, among other things, she did not want to acquaint with Mastroianni.
Yet the heart is gradually thawed cold beauty was under the influence of Italian wordy confessions and fervent passion of Marcello. And the behavior of eternal hermit suddenly changed: Katherine cheered up, and it all turned into a well-known melancholy than ever before koketstvo.Ona love! She cooks my favorite dish - beans! Can you imagine it - and beans! - Marcello said with delight, they find it almost the most important evidence of her love. And in general, it was true: for Deneuve, who hated to cook, it was quite a feat to master as much as 34 recipe cooking beans. And if it's not love, then what it is.

Michel Piccoli like to remember what a sensation produced Mastroianni and Deneuve at the banquet on the occasion of the second screen of their joint film "Bitch." In the hall of a luxury restaurant Marcello pointedly invited Catherine to dance. A rare sight - dancing Deneuve! And dancing! The orchestra began to play and suddenly someone lost in the woods who for firewood - the attention of musicians, and all those present was focused only to the two of them.

Mastroianni constantly wanted to indulge Catherine. From my own experience, he knew that pamper a woman - is to shower her with gifts. And the generous gift he gave her for her birthday. They turned out to be a luxury villa on the coast of Nice, which was like a small castle. In dreams Marcello this villa was comfortable, beautiful nest of love. Catherine did not hide admiration, and immediately made a reciprocal gift - when Mastroianni returned to Paris, he found in his yard a new red "Jaguar", which he always dreamed of.

This beautiful villa they actually spent together no less beautiful days. Everything has become so serious that his wife no longer Mastroianni broke down and gave him a divorce. Inspired and looking forward to the greatest happiness Marcello ran more to Catherine, because with him, he had a ring. But ... alas, Deneuve was not going to marry him. This he did not expect exactly. Fay demanded that he divorce his wife and he broke up with her for this reason. And he almost begs his girlfriend, so she agreed to marry him. But inflexible silence Catherine went to Paris. Few come to himself, Marcello follows her again, it is not ready to back down so easily.

And rightly so - Catherine learned she was pregnant, and was replaced by anger at the mercy. He was infinitely happy as Marcello. Not otherwise poor Marcello came up with a last resort to take this impregnable bastion of French independence. - So said Juliet Masini, having learned about it. But in love again, a period of serene happiness: they walked together, went shopping, choosing baby clothes, Marcello was always accompanied by a doctor and Catherine knew about the pregnancy almost more than her.

May 28, 1971 Katrin was born and Marcello Mastroianni Chiara-Charlotte. Happy father, who had already turned 50, made a great feast on Italian, purchased several boxes of champagne and treating them in the street everyone. I have a daughter! - Joyfully and loudly shouted Mastroianni for the whole quarter.

Since the birth of their daughter Catherine after became a much kinder and gentler, Marcello decided to re-propose to her. He had a burning desire to combine her marriage, no, he was not sure that it belongs to him that she loves him, but she was always there. Especially his friend Fellini also categorically stated: If you do not want to lose it, you will need to marry her.

And plucking determination Marcello ... refusal to meet again. He could not move. Catherine was not chased him, but he fell into a depression, drinking and making a scene. The relationship gradually to crack. On the set of the last joint of the film "Do not touch a white woman" couple already strongly quarreled. And after Chiara year old, in the bedroom of the very villa in Nice, where they were once so happy, Deneuve said: Our relations are exhausted. I do not wish to continue this farce. Everything is over. I pack up and leave for Paris. Forever.

But Mastroianni, Catherine allowed to see her daughter, whom he greatly loved. He had other children as his wife and other women, and all the way, daughter. But Chiara and remained until his death his favorite.
I loved the mother of this child. - So I explained it himself Marcello.

Once in a meeting with his daughter in Marcello took her to the cinema, where the film was going with Deneuve. But soon Chiara asked: Dad, let's get out of here, I feel sorry for you, you always plachesh.

Once at Deneuve and Mastroianni life went on as usual, he returned to his wife, Katherine raised the children alone. From time to time they saw Mastroianni, because they had Chiara.

Marcello did not have to get married and live with Deneuve, but fate would have it, he died in the arms of the woman he adored. It was December 19, 1996. Beside him were then Catherine and Chiara.
Only a few years later Deneuve admits that went by Mastroianni, just because you did not want to experience pain when she got bored with it, love would be gone and he would have found himself a new muse.
Vadim was my passion, Bailey - the only husband, and Mastroianni - the greatest love.

Tags

See also

New and interesting