2013 Cannes Film Festival

Last night in Cannes was special, and all because the festival introduced a new, restored version of the legendary film "Cleopatra" (1963) with no less legendary Elizabeth Taylor in the title role. But only one-seventh day of the premiere of the film forum was not limited - besides films Mankiewicz, the Palais des Festivals was the long-awaited premiere of Steven Soderbergh's "Behind the Candelabra" and French drama "Glorious Bastards" with Chiara Mastroianni in the lead role. But first things first.

Red-haired beauty Jessica Chastain to the premiere of the film in the beloved silk ivory dress by Versace Collection. Elegant evening dress with an unusual decorative element in the form of Cape smoothly passing in a spectacular plume was complemented by a large, regal luxury necklace with sapphires. At first glance, the necklace seemed too heavy and massive and I was thinking, "Why Jessica even put it on?", But when I learned that this necklace once belonged to the very Liz Taylor, everything fell into place. In this way the main thing - a necklace so dress was chosen by him, not vice versa.

Actress Thai-British origin Hargeyt Araya has made its way out onto the red carpet in a fairy tale by a magnificent ballroom toilet Zac Posen. I enjoy the drama and solemnity of this green dresses made of silk and tulle, but I would be very glad if the silk bodice ends somewhere in the region of the thighs of the actress, and not the tail drop-down to the floor. This strange element spoils the whole picture.

Joan Smalls showed on the red carpet romantic outfit from the collection of Emilio Pucci. Dress pale pink, complemented by a belt with shiny crystals, looking at Joanne is very feminine and sexy, but also caused some associations with a lace peignoir.

Selecting Dita Von Teese fell on the creation of the spring collection of Elie Saab. Beautiful dress and beautiful Dita in it, but it desperately needs a dramatic fashion. I confess that I would like to see the queen of burlesque in a luxurious evening dress to the floor, not in the next cocktail dress in the style of the 50s.

And Rosario Dawson, meanwhile, continues to step on the same rake. Again silhouette that did not paint her figure and looks bad. Do not get me wrong - I like this dress Marchesa herself Rosario with her luxurious hair and red lips, but separately.

This is the third appearance of Aishwarya Rai on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival 2013 and the third a beautiful image. At this time, the Indian beauty opted for brightness and chose a silk dress aqua from Gucci Première. Luxury dress Aishwarya complemented fuchsia lipstick, which is very impressive contrast with the shade of the dress, and high hairdo.

Miuccia Prada - a very talented designer, but even there she misses. Let us take this dress Prada, which appeared on the premiere of "Cleopatra" Milla Jovovich. Attire is very controversial: suede top with thin spaghetti straps looks strange and a skirt with a rich finish is somewhat reminiscent of the veil. Deficiencies have a bunch of dress, but there is one distinct advantage - the dress does not look bored, unlike many evening dresses, which we often see on the red carpet.

Barbara Pelvin - one of the few who bestowed on the red carpet in Cannes trouser ensemble. Alexandre Vauthier black tuxedo combined with a chiffon top and sandals with gold details on the models looked outrageously sexy.

The second picture premiere yesterday evening was Steven Soderbergh's biographical drama "Behind the Candelabra" with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in the title role. Learn more about the film and watch the trailer here, and I propose to go to the red carpet.

I was very pleased with the presence of Sharon Stone in Cannes - in the end, the actress does not so often appear on the red carpet. And even more pleased with her image that even though he was not perfect, but looked very impressive. Sharon has tried for the premiere of a bright blue dress Roberto Cavalli with a plunging neckline and a shiny finish and complemented its tiered necklace with emeralds, which was clearly more than in the image.

Model Petra Nemcova in the literal and figurative sense, shone on the red carpet payetochnom champagne color from Emilio Pucci. In my opinion, the perfect outfit - sits perfectly and chiffon inserts on the skirt add to it a certain lightness and glamor of negligence.

Erin Heatherton debuted in Cannes in a golden dress in the spirit of the 20s by Roberto Cavalli. Perhaps this is one of the few works of Italian designer, which I like, without any "buts". Finishing - at height, style - interesting, but the owner of the dress - beautiful.

Model Jessica Hart dazzled everyone present its neon pink pleated dress by Emilio Pucci. For me it is not the best outfit in the evening, although I do not see it as obvious shortcomings. In any case, neon in evening dresses - the amateur version.

And the last premiere of the movie of the seventh day was the work of French director Claire Denis' Glorious Bastards ". As I said, the main female role in the movie performed Chiara Mastroianni - the daughter of Marcello Mastroianni and Catherine Deneuve. The latter, incidentally, was also present on the red carpet - in order to support her daughter. Madame Deneuve posed for photographers in a restrained black dress of velvet, which she added a pink stole jewelery in the same tone.

I follow the example of my mother and Chiara, which appeared on the red carpet in a very simple black mini dress and sandals with decorative elements.

Kylie Minogue appeared on the red carpet in a luxurious evening dress Roberto Cavalli, eclipsed their appearance not only the hero of the occasion, but her legendary mother. Generally, Cavalli creations are unique. Some of them look cheap and tasteless, while others, on the contrary, the imagination of its refinement and elegance. Fortunately, Kylie introduced us to the second option.

Tags

See also

New and interesting