In the hypnotic approach is widely used research results surge which took place in the United States after World War II, when clearly delineated interest in the manipulation of consciousness, especially in the field of advertising.
The first findings of the post-war studies of consumer behavior, were as follows:
1. People tend to make impulsive purchases. Studies have shown that over 90% of purchases made by people - impulsive. At this level of the psyche even bought the most expensive things.
2. Advertising does not change the person's belief about their preferred product, but if this product for sale will not suddenly, the buyer will take the goods, which is currently being advertised.
3. When a person sees the product that he intends to buy at this moment, he freezes, stops blinking and swallowing, his breathing slows, pupils dilate, the view becomes defocused. This is nothing like a typical pattern of hypnotic trance.
4. Buyer, as the viewer, reader and listener advertising tends to identify with some of the actors in a text story or a movie (the phenomenon of identification). Consumer advertising of the plot, is likely to be unconsciously identify themselves with the character of an advertising product, if the character is chosen adequately. Real person learns behavioral pattern of the character of advertising, and when dealing with real goods will behave likely, as well as an advertising character.
It is easy to see in the buying behavior symptoms of hypnotic trance. It was a natural conclusion - advertising should provoke:
Trance induction in the form of goods;
Commit impulsive purchases.
Suggestion or suggestion - is the process of impact on the human psyche associated with decreased consciousness and criticality in the perception of the inspired content that does not require full-scale personal analysis, or evaluation.
The suggestion made in order to create certain conditions or stimuli to certain actions. The essence of the suggestion is to impact on a person's feelings, and through them - in his will and mind. The strength of the impact depends on the visibility, accessibility and consistency of information, as well as the authority suggestor. The effect is particularly strong when instilled in general corresponds to the needs and interests of the inspired.
Here are some of the techniques of suggestion:
1. Concrete and imagery keywords.
2. Specific and imaginative qualities.
3. Avoidance of negative particle "no" and "do not».
4. Speech dynamics.
5. Impact sound combinations and others.
Concreteness and imagery keywords. The use of words whose meaning is concrete, the content of which is easy to imagine, significantly increases the effect of suggestion. But abstract concepts greatly reduce the power of suggestion.
Concreteness and imagery skills. Pronouncing the word "apple" is hardly possible to enrich someone's appearance. It is quite another thing - quality features: juicy, ripe, rosy, sweet, green, sour, worm-eaten. The difference is noticeable even imagined taste sensations.
Avoiding negative particle "no" and "no". The human psyche resists them nastorazhivaya, causing doubts. It's one thing to drug advertising say, "You will not get sick!" And quite another, "It will heal you!».
Voice speaker. One of the strongest means of suggestion. The basic techniques of speech dynamics that can improve speech suggestion: softness and strength of voice, wealth intonation, pauses, a high rate of speech, tone of speech (for advertising purposes advantageous to use a man's voice, especially low, "velvet»).
The impact of sound combinations. The possibility of acting on the man and his emotions with the help of certain words and phrases known since antiquity. Some of them can not only cause certain emotions, but also as perceived subconsciously some images.
Found that the presence or predominance of the vowel in the words "and" gives the impression of something small or insignificant. Sound "o" gives the impression of softness and relaxation, even emotional warmth. The predominance of sounds "a" and "e" in the speaker's speech is associated with emotional lift, and the sound "s" gives the impression of something dark, unpleasant, incomprehensible. A similar feeling arises from the abundance of consonants, especially the sizzling.