I look at how my friend Sveta put things in order in my husband’s family and I envy her character.

Who would have thought that becoming that terrible daughter-in-law from jokes could be easier than simple. It is enough just to defend your borders, and voila - the relationship with your mother-in-law is spoiled for forever. A good example of this is my best friend. My husband and I have just signed up, so I’m just starting out. But, looking at the example of my Sveta, I'm just afraid to tell my husband's mother a word across. That's how I live my life, ending up alone. workday after another. And I don’t see the money – half of our savings go to my mother-in-law and her family.

But at all the festive feasts, I- daughter-in-law. Sofia Ivanovna praises me in front of all her friends, and she does not revere her soul in her son. I'm really tired of saving on every pair of winter shoes. If only people knew what the cost was. daughter-in-law. Sometimes I think that I would rather, like Sveta, go in unloved relatives. But I would live in my house, and my husband would be with me, not my mother. I just don't have the courage.

Sometimes, as I hear the stories of a friend, my hair stands on end. In other families, it turns out, dishes fly around the house, people spoil each other. I don't need that. But I’m tired of living in the shadow of my husband’s family. What's up?

With Svyatoslav we were in a relationship for 6 years before we got married. We went back and forth, but in the end love won. I have known his mother for a long time, but I really became part of the family only after the wedding, that is, a year ago. I heard about family life from my friends. Honestly, I can’t say that any of them are happily married. Except for the one I mentioned at the beginning. I thought she was crazy at first, but she didn’t get involved. And now I am inclined to believe that only her position can be considered correct, and I have something to learn.

I have been working since I entered university. Even with Slavik, I was embarrassed at first. Accepting courtship and gifts, of course, it is pleasant, but in everyday life we are used to it. split. We both had jobs since we were students, so the costs were always split into two.

My friends jumped out and asked me when Slavik would propose to me. I laughed at first, but then I thought about it too. Only Sveta dissuaded me: “Don’t be fooled, everything is fine with Svyatoslav and without marriage.” And once you get married, you have to share everything with his family.” Well, that's what happened.

Sveta herself has always been a girl with a rebellious disposition. She threw her boyfriends out the door as soon as she didn’t like something. But even for her, there was a gentleman who could please everything. He made a decent living. (mostly abroad on earnings), was soft with her and compliant. Always did as she said.

Unsplash is just not getting along with his mom. In the family of Sveta's husband there was only one breadwinner - her husband, in fact. The father-in-law drank all the time, and the mother-in-law worked for two to provide for three children. And I understand why she didn't want to let her son go. Finally, there was someone in the family who could take care of both the sisters and the mother. But the Light is different.

For the past ten years, the eldest son has made a home for his father. overhaulHe paid for the education of both sisters and supports his parents. However, something has changed since marriage. For example, Sveta does not understand why her husband should support two healthy girls who have the strength and time to earn their own needs. It's not even about studying, but about pocket expenses.

Unsplash In this I support my friend. Like many of us, we studied and worked at the same time. But there is one thing I disagree with.

Her husband's parents are no longer young, both over sixty. Sufficient tenure There is only a mother, but the father of the family drinks more than brings into the house. They do not live richly, and without the help of their son, they would probably live very poor. Things in the family became quite bad when Sveta strictly forbade her husband to transfer large sums to the family. Now only on big holidays, and then not always.

Is it worth mentioning how angry the whole family is? The sisters of her husband without embarrassment water her with mud behind her back. There are such terrible rumors in our town that it's scary to listen. And the mother-in-law, they say, even went to the fortune teller, so that she conjured the dear son’s divorce. That’s only light at the same time feels great. She does not care about evil tongues or strained ones. relationship. They live separately in their own private home.

My situation is the opposite. Immediately after the wedding, we moved from our rented apartment to our parents’ house. That's where it all started...

First we fixed the roof. Then they fully equipped two non-residential rooms. The house of my Saint's parents is huge, but very old. My mother-in-law was very insistent that we “stop throwing money away” and finally move in with them. Now all the money is spent on everyday life, food for the whole family and a common car, which is also experiencing hard times. At first I thought moving would be a good idea. But soon I realized that the money was gone. Let's face it, they started. glaze. And it seems to me that sometimes Slavik gives his parents round sums, but he doesn’t tell me about it.

Unsplash, but my mother-in-law loves me. He praises everyone, he can not stop rejoicing. It's a pleasure, of course. But more and more I look at the happy Svetka and think: can I also move out? I think that makes us budgetary provision He'll be fine. Of course, Sofia Ivanovna will hold Svyatoslav with all her might. But I don't think she's gonna hate me. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting