Home for the New Year I did not have time, but still hoped that the family will organize a warm welcome, I was waiting for a surprise.

After the main holidays, most people forget. What is the date of Old New Year? It is customary to celebrate, but the older generation remembers everything well. Because on this day there is such a tradition that children come to their parents and spend time together. No need to cook snacks or worry that someone will not like the holiday itself, as it happens on the New Year. No, now there is no need to hurry and you can just sit down at the table and talk.

Of course, on such days, not everything can go perfectly. People can get tired of endless holidays. They may have new concerns. The day will start, the kids will get sick, or something else. Therefore, the Old New Year is usually held without much enthusiasm. It's gone, thank God. I wish things were better. We'll see.

This year I arrived home early this year. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to celebrate the New Year with my children, but that’s not really the main thing. After working more than 15 years abroad, you realize that holidays are not yours. Tired of this loud fuss, constant control of other people's plates, so that, God forbid, someone does not offend. Cleaning, again. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of the human presence and I need a little rest.

My children are two adults, with their families and their problems. I won't say I haven't thought about it at all, but I can see how they've become very callous towards me and each other in particular. It is understandable: already the age when under 40 years do not really want to think about anything. And they say that modern people at their age can have a crisis when you do not know what to do. I certainly didn't have that. I was just plowing.

Despite their rather visibly flawed characters, I unfortunately cannot say that my son or daughter has achieved anything in life. No, I did it for them. At least as far as their housing is concerned. I gave Ole the apartment just after her wedding. And I still can’t forget that, by all my calculations, it was supposed to be a two-room. In a nice neighborhood, so everything is ready for family life. But the daughter decided in her own way. She took some of the money I sent her and spent on her honeymoon. I gave myself and my husband a gift at my expense.

Then they wanted to take out a loan from the bank to close the missing amount and buy normal housing. But bank workers are no fools and are well aware that a couple who do not have a normal source of money are unlikely to be able to repay their loan on time. Or ever. My daughter and son-in-law did not receive any money. And they got a little closer to the center than I expected. In small towns, however, this is not important. And they live in this hut until now.

His son, Yura, also chose his own, not very normal way. His fiancée immediately began to show her ego and refused to leave the parental home. They have a family from the village, but don't put your finger in your mouth, they'll bite your hand off. Wealthy, cunning people who told my son plainly that either their daughter stays in the same house with them or they don't give her the blessing to marry. What did Yura do, spit on his so-called love? No, he took their lead. The money I sent him for his wedding, he spent on completely strangers.

Do I think that's normal? Of course not. I couldn’t get to my son’s wedding either, but the matchmakers were never interested in my person or how I was doing. They set aside a room for my son and their daughter, took my own money, and now they live farther away. And Jura, meanwhile, doesn't belong to herself on the weekend. He has this time to help with the household, take his mother-in-law and son-in-law to the city or somehow serve. He doesn't live in his house. And as soon as he starts renting out, gets sick or gets fired from his job, I'm sure the matchmakers will immediately kick my son out into the cold. The farm doesn't need sluts. It's us, the city, who have always had a weak spirit. And those from the village, the chicken can be hacked and not blink an eye. These are people.

So, despite the fact that I did not have time to come home for the New Year, a few days later, my son and daughter met at my house. During my departure, my sister began to live here, and she rented her apartment. She ran everything here, and I didn't even want to take money from her, but we somehow agreed on mutually beneficial terms. The four of us sat down and met me, so to speak, when we arrived. I wasn’t expecting anything special, but I was secretly hoping for a little surprise or something. Even though I didn't make any special plans. Believe me, I got my “surprise.”

The children, not shy of their adult aunt, began to reproach me for not bringing them any financial assistance, but just flew home. "So what?!" You see what time it is, we can't handle it. Couldn't we have stayed a little longer in Europe? We are your children, do not forget. My son reproached me that it was important for his wife that parents help their children. How her parents "help" her and my son, Yura. He really thinks they're doing this for good reasons. Let me remind you, my son is over 35. And who is he in? .

The daughter keeps up, too. She is tired of living in a “close room” and wants to move to a larger apartment. There's no money. And to hear about why she ended up in this free "hub", she absolutely does not want. He says it's days gone by. Besides, she's already apologized for everything, and she's understood. She has nothing more to say. She was so hoping for my help. Mostly financial. It's like I'm getting money from the sky. That's how my kids are.

I am glad that my father has passed away for 7 years. He wouldn't want to see that. Boris hoped that our children would grow up to be decent people and that they would help us as we got older. But it didn't work. I cried after we met for a good half hour. Thank you for staying with me and comforting me for so long. But that’s not all, Yura and Olga will definitely want to come to me for the Old New Year. They are unlikely to regret anything. Should I not let my own children in the house? The condition, believe me, is nowhere worse, but the year has just begun. So what's next?

Tags

See also

New and interesting