When I see mothers with infants on the plane, there is no strength to restrain yourself, and I want to ask why they do it.

Many families like to explore the world, go to the sea and organize tourist trips to the river or into the forest. But with the birth of a baby in the family, the situation becomes somewhat complicated, because there is an additional responsibility for the health of the baby and his comfort. Traveling with a child It requires adjustments in time, distance, transport and makes young parents think.

When summer came, my son was not yet six months old. We really wanted to relax by the lake, but I did not dare. This was the first experience of treating a baby, and I didn’t know how he could behave in field conditions. Then I realized I was scared. But the weather changed, it rained, and in August it was already cool to sleep in a tent for a baby. We decided to wait until next season.

The year passed unnoticed, and in the hottest month of summer we went on a small trip: we went for a week to the river. My son got sick on the road, and we had to spend more time on the road than we expected. But the rest was good! After a stuffy apartment in the shade of trees, everyone breathed easily and freely. In the fresh air, the tent slept wonderfully. We liked it so much that we didn’t want to leave!

In the end, I drew the appropriate conclusions and found answers to the questions that bothered me before.

Advice for parents
  1. When can I travel with my child?

The sooner the better! If the baby is absolutely healthy, then from the age of three months you can organize the first trip outside your hometown. Then the baby is breastfed (in the mixture), and there are no problems with its nutrition. During short trips, children under one year usually sleep all the way.

2. Which transport is best for traveling with children? A personal car is suitable for traveling with a child: you can stop at any time, change the route and return in case of emergency. Do not forget to buy a car seat to maximize the safety of the car.

Children on the way can get sick and you should consider this when planning a trip on public transport. Before getting on a plane, you need to know how your baby will react to the flight. In most cases, everything goes well, but grabbing additional packages will not hurt.

Also be prepared for the fact that not all passengers will like the whims and cries of the little traveler. Find out what to do on the way.

3. How far can I travel with my child? It is better to plan the first trip with a child for a short distance so that he gradually gets used to the trips. Do not expose the baby to a sharp change in climatic conditions, because this can adversely affect his health. The journey duration should not exceed 2 hours. Over time, it will be possible to make longer and longer trips.

4. Having a first aid kit is a must!

Before a hike or trip, it is necessary to collect a first aid kit with medicines that may be needed on the way to adults or children. You can consult a pediatrician about its composition. Of course, nothing will happen to you, but it will be easier for everyone.

When traveling with a child, it is necessary to create conditions for his comfortable stay. Accommodation and meals should be addressed in advance when planning to travel with young children. The “localization” option is not suitable!

You can safely travel and spend a wonderful vacation with children even in a tent on the lake, the sea or in the mountains, if you thoroughly prepare.

Tags

See also

New and interesting