Estonian tarretis is much better than ordinary okroshka, incredibly delicious snack

Oh, it's hot! The other day I met a neighbor, and she just returned from the Baltic States: she was in Estonia with a relative.

- Let's come to my place. I've had such a herring snack, you've never tried it! And better than any okroshka at this time, you will see for yourself.

And although herring was probably the last thing I wanted, I went to Tona's. I thought for a few minutes. But her story was so interesting, and the snack with herring (the Estonians call it tarretis) was really so tasty that I didn’t notice how many hours passed for a conversation and a treat.

Tarretis - jelly or kladets in Estonian. And how to prepare this unusual herringAntonina Brunovna also told.

She brought two recipes: a more delicate dish with homemade yogurt, and traditionally tarretis with herring is prepared using high-fat sour cream for jelly. Then herrings take twice as much, and sour cream - less.

In this case, the taste is much more expressive, more saturated. It is clear that for a hot period, a “lightened” option is suitable. Try making it. In addition, in summer, jelly is even more useful than in winter, because the abundance of collagen in gelatin protects against premature aging not only the musculoskeletal apparatus, but also hair, nails, skin.

Snack with herring: how to cook And when the appetizer likes you, your loved ones, in the cold time you can cook it with sour cream jelly.

The ingredients
  • 1 fillet herring weakly salted
  • 360-400g homemade or salad yogurt
  • 1 bundle of young green onions
  • 1 bundle of fresh dill
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 tsp gelatin
  • 0.5 tables of water
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • 1.5 liters of milk (for homemade yogurt)
  • 2 yoghurt packets

Preparation
  1. Of course, homemade yogurt should be prepared in advance. Usually take a packet of leaven per liter of milk. But it is better for tarretis to make yogurt thicker, so you will take a little more sourdough. You pour sourdough into the bowl, pour milk and stir until all the grains dissolve.
  2. You pour into jars with a capacity of 200 milliliters and leaven for 12 hours. The next day, you’ll only need two cans of yogurt, and eat the rest with salad for dinner or breakfast. But you can just buy ready-made yogurt.

3. Pour gelatin with cold boiled water for 20-25 minutes. You can cut green onions and dill (without hard stems). Cucumber cut with a small cube. Throw it on a sieve to make the glass liquid.
  4. Wrap food film cutting board and cut fillet herring (already without seeds) into pieces. By the way, you can remove the smell of herring from dishes, hands and other surfaces with lemon or vinegar.
  5. Swollen gelatin, stirring, bring almost to a boil in a water bath. But make sure it doesn't boil or the jelly won't freeze. Remove the hot gelatin from the fire - let it cool slightly. Then combine with yogurt (360-400 ml), quickly and thoroughly stir.
  6. You divide the yogurt into two parts. In one you put pieces of herring and onions, and in the other - a cucumber with dill, slightly sprinkle pepper, salt. You don't have to salt it, it makes you taste better.
  7. Each portion is filled with prepared yogurt with gelatin and spread out on portion glasses or in forms. The bottom layer is jelly from herring with onions, on top - jelly with cucumbers and dill. Now freeze him in the fridge for at least seven hours, or better - all night.
  8. You can serve tarretis in glasses. And you turn the molds upside down on plates. All tastes will open well if you take both layers of jelly on the fork at once. Cheers!

For sour cream jelly, you need:
  • 1 herring
  • 180g 20% sour cream
  • 8g gelatinous
  • 1 chip of nutmeg
  • 50 ml of water
  • 1 bundle of green onions
  • 1 bundle of dill
  • salt
  • peppery

See, there's no cucumber here. After all, fresh cucumbers in winter are usually watery. You can not divide into layers, but mix everything. I think it's cold.

This is an unusual, healthy and delicious snack prepared by Estonians. Have a nice meal!

Tags

See also

New and interesting