I gave my kids an apartment, and my daughter-in-law doesn't get off the phone when I visit.

The majority of family conflicts are pridewhich come from each of the participants. It is difficult to make concessions in the family, because everyone knows each other well and the arguments presented seem outdated and irrelevant. My mom and dad don’t know much about modern life. And children, in turn, have no idea what thinking for the future is.

This, unfortunately, can lead to a common claim or misunderstanding that can turn into a lingering dispute that can hang in the air for years. Mutual resentment will only intensify all this time. Therefore, psychologists advise not to start such a problem to a critical state. Obviously, this will not lead to anything good.

Taking my son to the preparatory class of a prestigious school in our city, I already had a clear plan for his future. I wanted him to always be looked at with envy and respect, not pointing a finger in the back, whispering that he grew up without a father. It is a heavy burden for a single mother to raise a decent person without any help.

The Peels, to be honest, was quite difficult. If you are now on social networks you come across a post of a woman in divorce, it will be a positive video or a motivating photo. I don't know why they're doing this. Probably more for your own motivation. Because I had to oh, it wasn't sweet.

After the divorce, I also got one of my husband’s cars. Good, reliable car, representative of the Western automotive industry. And I, as an experienced motorist, loved her with all my heart. But it had to be sacrificed, because my salary for all my plans, of course, was not enough.

Prep class, sports section and I was thinking maybe let Matvey do the drawing. He seemed pretty good at it. But then it turned out that there was definitely not enough time for this. My son did not get enough sleep, constantly whining that he would not become an artist, and I decided to go over to his side. We talked a lot, walked, we could say, taught each other.

Peels School years went by quickly, by themselves. My son was a confident good boy, and I, as a mother, did not want the fate of an excellent student for him. Creativity develops when you make mistakes, rather than memorize the school curriculum like Our Father. During this time, Matvey did well in athletics and school program. He chose the institute himself, but I always knew he wanted to be a manager.

To work with people you need to have a quick mind, a good vocabulary, ingenuity and the necessary knowledge. All of these qualities, and more, were in abundance. So I wasn't surprised when he came to me one day and said he was hired. To a good, promising place. It was the third year of the Institute, but the son was well able to allocate time and combine several activities.

But not all the news was equally pleasant. After a couple of months, it turned out that Matvey, it turns out, is building a serious relationship with the girl Lina. He's had some friends before. But I knew Lina personally. They separated several times and came together. She was constantly complaining and demanding attention. This girl's phone just couldn't get out of her hands. In short, a typical representative of her generation.

I personally had no conflicts with Peels. But every quarrel with my own, only son, kept me away from her better than any personal quarrel. Now, the two of them are getting better. So it's time they got married. My requests to discuss the situation did not lead to anything. And they could not lead to anything, I raised my son so that no one could influence his decisions. Raised a real man.

For the wedding, I gave a two-bedroom apartment to my untimely departed mother. I talked to the matchmakers and they promised to give some money for repairs. But they were wobbling something, it is good that the son already by this age had his savings and he himself took up business. Although the repairs only lasted a couple of weeks, some of the work was done. Why so fast?

It turned out that Lina was pregnant. And for Matvey, it changed everything, completely. He began to devote more time to his career, abandoned the repair of the apartment, began to obey his wife in everything and fulfill all her whims. When my grandson was born, I literally had to ask to hold him for the first time. Sweet baby, very similar to Matvey.

Judging by the way I raised my son and how Lina is raising my grandson, it would be like heaven and earth. I put all my strength, emotions and means into Matvey. So that my child does not stall in development at the level of early childhood. For development, result. At the same time, Lina, as a mother and housewife, was just frightening.

She sits all day with the phone in her hand and does not notice anything around. I’m really glad that technology has jumped this far lately: the smart vacuum cleaner works, the washing machine, the TV and the dishwasher are not behind either. All devices make life easier for us and save time in order to... Just chatting on social media. And give up on your own child.

When I complained to Matvey, told his point of view, it is probably the first time in his life, yelled at me. He said he'd decide how to get married. And if I don't stop whining, I can never come to their apartment again. Their apartment. I was silent at the time, even though I knew perfectly well whose words came out of my son’s mouth.

It turns out, like this. I spent so much time and effort raising my son, and all this was in vain. Lena, a girl without education, knowledge or even taste, took everything from me. Son and grandson. And, in fact, Mom's apartment. Now I'm just a separate, stranger woman who can come visit them sometimes. But without any right of criticism or opinion.

It's sad to realize this, but I guess if I were a mother like Lina, as a result, personally for me, nothing would change. Just some kind of paradox and definitely a huge flaw in modern education. Maybe then something will change. But as long as I'm on bird rights, I can't do anything about it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting