Once went out with my grandmother for a walk and decided to ask if she wanted to sign an apartment for me, her answer surprised me.

With age, people may have different problems, so nurse - it's always a noble cause. An old man, especially living alone, needs special care. I don’t mean special food or anything like that. Just a human presence and a chance to talk.

Unfortunately, not all grandparents have the opportunity to communicate with relatives. Some people live too far away from them. Some people don’t have the time or desire to visit an older person. Fortunately, not all people are like that. Many people are happy to come to the elderly and thereby brighten up their simple life.

Take care of Grandma. Hello. My name is Lisa, I'm 33 years old. Married, with a little son. Anyway, we're a young family. My husband works as a baker and I live in a small house. Sometimes I work from home when the opportunity arises. But don’t think about it, nothing special: on the juice of my daughter and all my feminine. In principle, the husband provides for us, but always want something more. Some kind of development.

Peels I also have a younger brother. He is 29 years old and still lives with his parents. Mom and Dad don't like it, and I don't say that out of simple envy.

For example, when I was little and our family was short of money, my parents left me for a year with my grandmother. No question, as if it were. I, the city, learned how to milk a cow, take out sewage for cattle, weed beds. My grandmother is a village man and did not babysit with her granddaughter.

But Jean, my brother, had a happy childhood. He was treated like a written torpedo. And I had to help him everywhere as an older sister. Study, house. If something bad happened, all the bumps flew over my head. A lot of people will understand, I'm sure.

So, a few years ago, my grandmother moved to live with us in the city. And, I must say, this move took a lot of health from her. A completely different rhythm of life, noise, dirty air, a cramped apartment and much more that even I myself do not notice. Since Grandma was not used to complaining, her parents did not pay much attention to how she lived. Sometimes they come with food, nothing more.

I remember my grandmother from childhood and I know that no matter what happens, she will always say that everything is fine. So I started going to her myself. At first, she also brought all sorts of products, but then noticed that she and her parents had enough: it was strange to throw out spoiled ones in order to put new ones in their place, which would also deteriorate in a week.

So I decided to go for a walk with my grandmother. She showed her the city, various buildings of architecture, a square and so on. In short, it made her look better. And in parallel, we talked. She told me about her youth, her mother’s childhood. About life in the village and its differences from the city. In short, neither I nor she was bored in those moments. It was nice to take care of my grandmother and see her happy.

But it was on one of those walks that my ambition and sense of fairness let me down. We talked about my childhood, remembering the good days and not so much. And then I remembered my brother. He said that his childhood was bright and cheerful. She also said that I think it continues to this day. Since he's a grown-up forehead, he still hasn't moved away from his parents.

Peels Grandma then kept quiet or even changed the subject. But it was as if the rein fell under my tail, and I decided to develop this topic, on the contrary. Maybe Grandma doesn't mind signing the apartment for me. I have a great-grandson, and the rent costs a lot. She herself sees that the family does not feel very well in such conditions. And other arguments that I still think are relevant.

But her reaction was unexpected. She stopped and looked at me as if she had seen me for the first time. And then quietly said that the apartment should go to her daughter. Just like she always planned. I mean, my mom. Mom who came to Grandma only to leave the bags of groceries and leave. A mom who'll give my brother this apartment, even if my baby and I are living in a dumpster.

After these words, my grandmother turned away from me and walked faster. We barely said a word all the way to her house. I felt terrible, but I didn’t understand why. She seemed to turn around and hit me... But it was like before. We just walked like grandma and granddaughter.

At the moment, the situation is as follows: we began to walk together much less often. Sometimes we continue our tradition. But we're not having so much fun anymore, that's true. I tried a couple of times to get back to talking about something that bothered me. But my grandmother always stopped me and looked very unhappy. So I dropped the case.

Can you tell me what to do? I love taking care of my grandmother, but it's so hard now. Why don't we just stop hanging out with her since I'm making things worse and take care of my family? Or, conversely, to intensify efforts, because, if it happens, my brother will live separately in his own living space the next day. And we're going to overpay the owners of the apartment for four walls that don't even belong to us.

Tags

See also

New and interesting