On my birthday, my father called me and asked me to come, which I didn’t expect from him.

And you know, How different is a village from a village? Apart from its size, there is no church in the village. That is, if you urgently need to baptize a child or someone to sing, the villagers come to the neighboring village, and not vice versa. This small detail, for the citizen, is important for the villager.

In villages, in some places, it is believed that the villagers are more prone to drunkenness and, as a result, people are more aggressive. It is not known whether this is due to the absence of even a small temple, just the locals have this opinion. As a result, few young women dream of moving to the countryside. Everyone wants to get to the city quickly. Let the air there and bad, and you need to live in a cramped apartment.

Recently, my father said that he never loved me and regrets that I was born at all. Congratulations, the thirty-year-old aunt broke down in tears on her own birthday.

My mother was born in the village. Well, the village, practically, a small town. Not far from the regional center. For those of you who know how different a village is from a village. Her grandparents had one, so they took good care of her, tried to raise her as an intelligent, independent person. So she did the same thing to me. For which I am very grateful.

At the age of 17, my mother met my father. He was from the village. As it is now customary to say “whisper”, “wind in the head” and so on. He was in charge of his company, which was considered authoritative at the time, and the whole village knew about him. Well, at this age, girls are not at all friends with logic, as they are not brought up, hormones.

They walked together for a long time, but began to live together only after the wedding. When my mom was 19 years old. As far as I can tell, at that time and in those places, it was absolutely normal. After all, in the “girls” could linger, and this, as it were, was considered shameful. A year later, I showed up. At that time, my father began to behave badly.

He was constantly leaving home, although they all lived in comparatively comfortable conditions with their grandparents. Like a cat, he went back to his old company in the village. There they were engaged in some semi-criminal affairs, fighting with guys from the neighboring village. Anyway, we had as much fun as we could. My dad never raised me.

Although I now realize that he was almost a child himself, it doesn’t make it any easier. Why didn't you file for divorce? From time to time, he would try to play a loving parent and maybe settle down for a month or two. But this did not happen to him often, and it usually ended badly.

They divorced their mother when, after another such “exit”, the father received a criminal record. Then I remember my grandfather saying that my son-in-law got off easy. The divorce went smoothly, I cried a lot, but over time I got relieved.

It took me a long time and I got married. On my twenty-fiveth birthday, among other things, I received a greeting card from my father. How he found me in town, I'm not crazy. Maybe someone from the village whispered. But that doesn't change the point.

There was also a phone number on the card that my parent asked me to call him from time to time so we could communicate. Not that I miss him too much, but I'm still family. What could possibly go wrong? He'll ask for money. If it's too much, I'll say no. I'm curious to see what he looks like.

At the meeting, I saw a poor, but neatly dressed man. He even brought some bouquet of wildflowers. I don't know where he got it. Dad had this cunning squint, which is inherent in men, with whom it is better not to have any business. He bought me ice cream, apologized for not being with me as a kid. But I was glad that I had grown up a smart and successful woman. Can you imagine a successful housewife?

The only thing he asked for was not money. He wanted me to find out if there was a job in town as a security guard or something so I could get caught. Very desirable if you have housing. It was not difficult for me and, having asked my husband, something similar was found without problems. I don't know what the salary is, but it's comparatively better than what the village was offering at the time.

I knew where Dad lived, but as time went on, our communication went out. He was constantly at work and could not return my calls. I didn’t want to be a good daughter and did my own thing. And recently he called me and told me the latest news: he found some woman and will move in with her. Now he has love and a new life. Well, what a happy ending.

And so, on the eve of my thirtieth birthday, we agreed that I would run to visit them. For a few minutes, my dad really wants to see my daughter and give her a present. Obviously, I have my own family and everything, but very much he asked to serve him one last time.

When I got to Peels, I didn’t expect anything. I'll come in and say hello, and ideally I'll take the same taxi. But it was different. My father was not in himself, it seems that he had already quite “celebrated” my anniversary. His girlfriend was also drunk, but she kept herself in control. Seeing me, the father reached for a vase tied with a ribbon, but, stumbling, broke it. I guess that was the same gift.

With anger, the father began to shout at his new friend, at a running cat, completely lost his temper. And then he started for me, his daughter and birthday girl. He walked over his mother, calling her spoiled. He talked about grandparents. In the end, he said he never loved me and that I was a mistake. Here is a present he decided to add to the broken vase.

As planned, I left in the same taxi. Tears flowed down my cheeks, but I didn’t feel bad. Maybe it was tears of resentment or something. But I think they just accumulated from my childhood. And now they just went outside. Honestly, I felt a sense of relief.

When my husband came home, he asked me why I looked strange. It seems to be happy, but in a special way. I took my makeup off for some reason. But I reassured him that everything was fine and that I wanted to celebrate my round date only in the company of a loved one. The whole next day was very easy. It was as if a heavy load had fallen from his shoulders. This is how it sometimes happens: there would be no happiness, but misfortune helped.

Tags

See also

New and interesting