What mistakes cause the biscuit to sag, all the details matter

It doesn't make biscuit.What do we do? I used to cook them for one or two, but now I live in another apartment. So the oven is different. Maybe it's her? I decided to deal with this once and for all. Today I will tell you about all the mistakes in making homemade biscuits.

One of the most common problems associated with making biscuits is that it sags. This can happen for several reasons. First, You didn't beat your balls well enough.

This stage is extremely important for the desired texture and porosity of baking. If eggs are beaten badly, the biscuit is likely to fall during baking. As a rule, eggs are whipped for 8-10 minutes, gradually adding sugar to them. The mass whitens and increases in volume. Biscuit can also be prepared by whipping the yolks and proteins separately.

It is also very important to correctly mix the egg mixture in the rest of the biscuit dough. This should be done slowly so that the air bubbles do not burst. If you make biscuit only on the basis of eggs, pour sifted flour into the whipped eggs gradually, stirring the dough with a silicone spatula from the bottom up.

The biscuit can settle because mistemperature. Usually, the dough sags in the middle of the product. The temperature should not exceed 180 degrees. Experienced housewives know that it is optimal to cook biscuits at 150-175 degrees. In this case, in any case, do not open the oven until the end of baking.

In addition, the problem may be that after cooking, the dough stood in the bowl for a long time. This is a mistake that cannot be made. The oven should be heated in advance, and then immediately after the dough is ready, it should be sent to baked. Otherwise, the air bubbles from the whipped egg mixture will weather, and the biscuit will not eventually rise.

Subtleties in making biscuits I also faced another problem. The biscuit did not go down, but on the contrary. he climbed up and cracked. The so-called volcanoes on the surface of biscuits can appear due to the wrong temperature of the preparation of the product. I mentioned that above.

It happens that the oven is faulty and simply incorrectly shows the temperature to which it is heated (if there is a display on it at all). In such cases, I advise you to buy a special thermometer for the oven, with which you can clearly control the temperature inside it.

A form for baking from above is possible Cover a layer of foil shiny side inside. It must be fixed and make several punctures with a toothpick or fork. This will help to distribute the temperature evenly. Such a life hack works perfectly with gas ovens. As a result, the slide on the biscuit will be much smaller. But the cooking time will increase by 10-15 minutes.

Another interesting detail, which for me personally was a discovery. I always lubricated the sides of the shape with vegetable oil. I came across an article on the website of a pastry school, which says that it is not necessary to do this. Because of the oil, the dough cannot physically rise, as it seems to slide on a lubricated surface and cannot fix. Very interesting theory!

How to make the perfect biscuit There are many recipes for biscuits. Moreover, it is not necessary that animal products are present in the test. My colleague Victoria Zhmurko told how to make the simplest lean biscuit. Also on our website you will find a biscuit recipe based on orange juice. Very unusual!

Eggs are part of not only biscuits, but also many other bakery products. You do not want to give up delicacies even during Lent. So I advise you to read the material of my colleague Nikolai Laduba. He explained in detail what products can replace eggs in baking. I'm sharing an article here.

Tell me, have you ever had trouble making biscuits?

Tags

See also

New and interesting