The wise hegumen answered whether it is possible to go to the temple and go to Communion on “women’s days”

Entrance to the church It is open to all people with pious intentions. I thought nothing could change that constant. But I recently learned from a friend that things aren’t that simple when it comes to women. They are not allowed to go to the temple when their critical days begin. But is that really true? The priest gave the answer.

The entrance to the Church of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine answered a disturbing question. Abbot Savaty Sobko told whether women can attend church during critical days. I never thought about it because I am far from religion. I have a friend who goes to church often.

She said that every month for several days the woman allegedly becomes unclean. Therefore, her mere presence in the church at such times defiles the house of God. “It is a shame that because of these misconceptions, which are spread by people without a theological education, many girls and women begin to go to church less often.”

Thanks to the Apostle Paul, we know that every being of God is good. Therefore, the female body, created by God, is beautiful. It cannot become impure due to natural physiological processes. They are the basis for the existence of this organism.

The Savior said that the only source of human defilement can be the soul. Sometimes it provokes a person to do bad things and pollutes his thoughts. Lust, gluttony, envy, greed, laziness, pride and anger - these are what defile our appearance.

The Old Testament did say that the red days of the calendar make a woman unclean. Moreover, anyone who touches it during such periods becomes one too. However, the New Testament erases these fables. Jesus Himself touched the departed people, resurrecting them.

Having studied the Old Testament prescriptions more closely, it can be seen that the concept of purity mainly concerned ordinary hygiene, and not the physiological processes themselves. Impurity could lead to the appearance of various ailments, because it was under strict control of the church.

Today, there are a huge number of hygiene products, thanks to which women can go through critical periods safely for themselves and for others.

Even in the first century, the Hieromartyr Clement of Rome wrote that such things cannot defile the nature of man or separate the Holy Spirit from him. During critical days, women undergo a process of natural cleansing. This is part of God’s wisdom.

Saint Gregory Dvoeslov also spoke about this. He lived in the early seventh century. To forbid women to enter the temple on such days is foolish. They are not to blame for what nature has created. This happens regardless of women’s desires. And it's absolutely not sinful.

Is it possible for women during critical days to pray in the temple, attend the service and touch shrines and icons? You can and should! The entrance to the church is always open to people who need a spiritual encounter with the Lord. For many, it's a place of power. It is foolish to deprive yourself of the opportunity to be filled with it because of things that no one can influence.

Anyone can be possessed by evil. It doesn’t depend on gender or day on the calendar. But it is directly influenced by the strength of human faith in the Lord and the ability to resist temptation. This is more important than natural physiological processes.

I hope this article will convince everyone who believes in false precepts and limits themselves when it comes to going to church. Share this information with all the skeptics you know!

Tags

See also

New and interesting