How to advertise God

Churches around the world are actively using advertising to attract veruyuschih.Religioznye association with regret that the churches are suffering from the exodus of the faithful. Falling attendance and, consequently, the income of religious communities. In order to adapt to the realities of church life and needs of XXI century, to speak with the people at the present, and they understand the language the priests turn to creative agencies. Western agencies tend to work with the churches at no charge as part of the social and social initiatives. At the same time work with non-traditional customer is itself a good workout creative mind.

The need to move to new channels of communication with the audience is aware of all religious communities. So in 2009, its first ever advertising campaign on radio launched the Church of England. 40-second spot was made in the style of rap. Its main contents - the invitation of the British to come to church. Parishes in anticipation of Back to Church Sunday (special campaign aimed at attracting parishioners at the church) launched commercials broadcast local radio stations. According to the press-secretary of the Church of Ben Wilson (Ben Wilson), advertisements spun three times a day and she has managed to come in 400-900 pounds (450-1010 euros) per week depending on the popularity of the radio station.

One of the most successful social campaigns to attract people into the church recognized as a project agency Ogilvy & Mather Singapore, developed at the request of the religious association Love Singapore Movement in 2001. The campaign has received gold at Cannes Lions 2001 in the category "Print advertising". In the print media and on various external media, there were reports made on behalf of God: "With me, today it was the Friday! God, "" If you missed the sunrise, which I have now done for you, do not worry, tomorrow I will do the other. God ',' If you think that the Mona Lisa is gorgeous, then look at my masterpiece. In the mirror. God "and others.

Please do not drink and drive. You're not ready for a meeting with me. God. I>

I'm here. God is i>.

I grew this apple for you. God. I>

What do I do to get your attention? Place an ad in the newspaper? God. I>

Nietzsche is dead. God. I>

I wanted to make this world of black and white. And then I thought ... Nope. God is i>.

This is not the end of the world. At least until I can not say. God is i>.

Before Christmas the Catholic church of St Matthew-in-the-City in New Zealand posted a billboard depicting a sad Joseph and Mary, his eyes fixed to the sky, in the marital bed. The inscription reads, "Poor Joseph. Where he was before God. " Thus, the Church of St. Matthew in the City tried to touch up the believers to rethink the value of the Nativity and its role in the history of Christianity, as well as the entire Catholic fundamentalism.

Protestant Church in Germany and the agency JUNG von MATT developed a print campaign "still on this sinful earth", showing the statue of Jesus on the streets among people in ordinary situations: at the bus stop, in the queue, the subway and supermarket:

A few advertising prints various church organizations.

Our church is living!

Ukrainian advertising online bible

This ad was posted during Christmas 50 meters from the church in Estonia. Advertising as it faces upward to God. The text reads "Happy Birthday, Jesus!»:

Jesus' Birthday

Black Jesus

Jesus woman

What would Jesus do?

Jesse Digs Ya

Episcopal New Church Center: Pierced

The fish was like this big! Feeding 5,000 people - God's truth? I>

St Matthew-in-the-City: Glasses

St Matthew-in-the-City: Catering

St Matthew-in-the-City: Wine

The Church of St Matthew-in-the-City recalls: "Do not forget to bless your pet».

St Matthew-in-the-City: Pet

Pet Blessings: Coke-sniffers

Another recognized advertising provocateur is the United Church of Canada - the second most number of followers of the Protestant church in Canada. United Church of Canada rejects the theoretical interpretation of Scripture in favor of marriage between persons of the same sex, and in 1990 it officially allowed the first wasp * * sualistam be pastors and live openly in a strong alliance with their spouses. His slogan «Our doors are open» / «Our doors are open" church regularly confirms bold advertising campaigns.

The United Church of Canada: Convict

The United Church of Canada: Nu * ists

The United Church of Canada: Russian

In the United Church of Canada has an online portal wondercafe.ca, where absolutely openly discussed any issues of concern to its members. In particular, does it matter which way to reach spiritual heights, as well as whether Jesus-idol on the panel of the car just a joke or a ticket to hell.

wondercafe.ca / The United Church of Canada: Joints

wondercafe.ca: Bobblehead Jesus

The Church of Sweden - the largest Lutheran and one of the most democratic of churches in the world. In 2007, the Church of Sweden to bless the beginning, and in 2009 to record odnopo * s marriage. In the same year, the bishop of Stockholm erected open le * biyanku, 55-year-old Eve Bruno. With the same ease and timeliness of the Church of Sweden develops and capabilities of Internet technologies. So on the site is the first online svenskakyrkan.se prayer box (prayer box or "candle" box), where you can leave your prayer, events, or names of those for whom to pray. Creative idea belongs agency FORSMAN & BODENFORS.

Outdoor campaign of the Church of Sweden in 2002 «Are you searching in the right place?» / «And the fact whether the spot you are looking for?" Drew people's attention to the fact that for the bad habits such as smoking, gluttony or alcohol, as well as trendy values ​​and interests, such as shopping or a desire for enrichment, are simple human need for security, joy, peace, love and peace.

Security / Safety

Fellowship / Brotherhood

Peacefulness / Peacefulness

Joy / Delight

Comfort / Comfort

Campaigns recent years very often play on the brink of humor and provocation, often at the risk of sliding into vulgarity and inappropriateness.

Last year, the American church Metro South Church in Michigan has launched an advertising campaign, the protagonist of which was Satan, telling about how he hates the church. The campaign was created a special website satanhatesmetro.com, appeared in the city provocative billboards with the words "I'm sick of Metro South Church», and videos have appeared on the network, in which a man in a red suit, representing Satan, does not mince words scolds church.

"I'm sick of Metro South Church. Satan »

«Metro South Church just kills me. Satan »

Smotritepo subject: Religion - the opium of the creatives. Methods of application of the divine image in advertising.

via /kreativnyj-obzor/religiya-opium-dlya-kreativschikov-sposoby-primeneniya-bozhestvennyh-obrazov-v-reklame-20720/

Tags

See also

New and interesting