Soul and ego

Talk about the soul, true and false ego and false concepts that bring human suffering, depression and disease. We will also discuss self-knowledge and spiritual liberation.

What is the false ego Is the identification of the soul (consciousness) with the material body. The soul is an intangible substance that has consciousness; it is aware, including aware of a material body.

©Frantisek Drtikol

Due to false ego, the soul communicates with the body and forms a knot between matter and spirit. But this identification of the soul with the material body is false, since in fact the soul never becomes body. At birth the soul is born in time disease of the body the soul does not hurt, at the moment of death the soul does not die; because the soul is not part of matter, subject to birth (occurrence), change and death (disappearance).

It is the false ego does not allow the soul to realize itself, pure consciousness as attachment to matter is overshadowing the true state of things.

The manifestations of the false ego and the consequences

False ego is manifested through "I", "me", "mine" — a man focuses on himself, wants to live for ourselves, seeking to possess the material things that only contributes to the forgetting of his true nature.

Due to the influence of false ego, the person is totally immersed in mundane activities, trying to extract as much happiness. He's trying to get as much pleasure from material life and to avoid suffering. Over time, however, he realizes that such searches will never give him full satisfaction, as happiness in the material world is illusory, each time it slips away, leaving behind the problems, disappointment, depression and disease.

The false concept that bring suffering

All false concepts grow out of identification with the material body, that is, of the false ego.

— I'm the reason
— I act
— this is my (I own)
— you need to live for yourself
And so on.

These concepts are false, as the soul by definition is the pure receptive consciousness. In the Bhagavad-Gita describes in detail the nature of the soul, in particular, clearly States that the soul does not do anything in this world (all acts are performed by the gunas (energy) of material nature). Many people who knew his true nature, confirm this fact. Therefore, to be the cause is delusion. Body functions, but operates only in the modes (goodness, passion and ignorance), and therefore is not the cause of their actions.

The concept of ownership is also false, because really everything belongs to God. The present ownership or possession – this is when we can't afford to lose something, never. But this does not happen, all material things are transitory, and what we have, Life can take us at any moment, without even asking. What is the possession? This constant fear of losing what you have. What is this possession?

And about the concept of "live for yourself" creates a person a lot of problems, because it attracts into your life people with the same attitude, and then starts a war for the possession of – things, circumstances, status, pleasures, etc. – possession that in any way brings a lot of trouble.

These and other misconceptions do not allow the person to realize themselves, to know their true nature, causing it to spin like a squirrel in a cage, providing it with the next incarnation (since unfulfilled desires bind one to this material world, forcing us to incarnate again and again).

This is a big joke of life – the person imagines himself the cause, author, owner, and despite the fact that he is entirely a puppet in the hands of material nature.

True self

No mind, no intelligence, nor your false ego is not the true me or true self. The true self is the consciousness itself, the eternal spiritual part, part and parcel of God, His spiritual spark.

By nature (qualitatively) the soul is not different from God, but great in quantity as it is only a tiny particle of God's consciousness.

The nature of the soul, as it is part and parcel of God, is serving Him. This is the natural nature of the soul as a particle of the one Consciousness – to serve the Whole. Nothing else the soul can not do, as it is its only function. It's like on the physical body, which naturally serves the whole body; he works not for himself.

Man as a composite creature, in any case, serves God, in every moment of his life, whether serving the spiritual energy of God or the energies of the material world (goodness, passion or ignorance). The only difference is what kind of results it gets — as is his future. Everything in this world is to serve God always, in every moment of time.

According to the Vedas, the true self manifests when a person is engaged in self and gradually realizes his own nature: he is freed from false concepts of "I am the body", "I want to imagine...", "this is mine", "I have to live for yourself", etc. He sees that everything in this world is interconnected, nothing happens by chance, everything follows the Laws of Life, or the Laws of God. He naturally has a desire to do something useful, not only for themselves, but that it benefits all. This is called to live for God, because there is only God, whole of manifestation is the manifestation of God. Benefiting the Whole of the man gets everything he needs, so the desire to live only for themselves disappears automatically. This is a manifestation of the true self.

Liberation – how to attain eternity, knowledge and bliss In the Vedas it is said that the true ego brings a person true happiness, not temporary pleasure that inevitably give way to suffering.

Soul is free by nature, as, in fact, it even has nothing to do with the material world, in addition to the illusory attachment.

The Vedas claim that the nature of the soul is eternity (timelessness), knowledge (the true knowledge about the nature of things) and bliss, that is, true spiritual happiness. And to know his nature, one must study spiritual literature (the Scriptures), to try to understand the complicated issues to work on yourself, to have self-knowledge – one way or another. So he liberated, and reaches eternity, knowledge and bliss.

For our age, the fastest method of liberation and self-knowledge of the Veda is called bhakti-yoga, the path of devotional service to God. This path very quickly shows one his true state, of both soul and body. However, the difficulty is that the concept of modern life (live for themselves) is the opposite of the path of bhakti (living for God), what this path is unacceptable for people who are too strongly identified with the material body. For such people, there are other sections of the Vedas, and everyone can choose the path that at this point he loves most.

All paths lead to God, because there is nothing but God. Anyway, every man once realizes his true nature, get rid of false ego and attain eternity, knowledge and bliss. The only question is, how long will it take the journey of the soul home, and that she will meet on the way.
Let all the journey will be easy, fun and enjoyable! published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: esoteric-land.ru/publ/vysshaja_mudrost_vedy/dusha_i_lozhnoe_ehgo/1-1-0-95

Tags

See also

New and interesting