I live in Germany, I missed our kvass and made it from flour, from a barrel can not distinguish.

Sitting with Marina today and nostalgic for dishes familiar from childhood. The fact is that Marinka has been living in Germany for 2 years, has already settled down, but still misses our gastronomic delights. For example, on a cold refreshing summer okroshka. Earlier, when she came to her grandmother for the summer, she invariably invited her granddaughter to lunch. For pouring used kvass homemade flour.

Marina often invited children from the yard to share a meal with her. I was able to feel her melancholy. After all, Tom's grandmother often treated us to a simply divine okra. “A real jacuzzi for the tongue,” said then little Mariska. I agree with her 100%. Today's edition. "Site" He will teach you how to cook the perfect kvass homemade from flour. Record it.

For the perfect kvass, you will need a pre-prepared wheat starter. You can buy sourdough, or you can cook yourself. However, for self-cooking will have to bother.

The ingredients
  • 6.5 liters of water
  • 3 tbsp malt
  • 10 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp rye flour
  • 2 tbsp wheat starter

Preparation
  1. First thing in the evening is to steam the malt. In principle, it gives a slight bitterness, if you do not like the bitter taste, take malt 1 spoon less.

2. In the water (Grandma Toma had a huge 7-liter pan, but if there is one near, no problem, you can always proportionally reduce the number of ingredients) add sugar, malt, flour and sourdough. Stir well and leave exactly for a day in the room.

3. After a day of pouring kvass home from flour into bottles or cans. I advise you not to pour to the top, as the covers simply carry into the air. Put the kvass in the fridge for another day.

Tip from Toma's grandmother After you get the kvass, you need to strain it. Note that in this method of cooking kvass there is much less waste. If you're gonna drink kvass for cooling and pleasure - as a stand-alone drink - before putting cans of kvass in the refrigerator, add raisins there.

We wish you a pleasant appetite and pleasure from the preparation of this wonderful summer drink. What are the tricks of making kvass you know? Share with us.

Tags

See also

New and interesting