Good homemade kvass according to the recipe of the bakery hostess, it always turns out

What could be better than tossing a cup of cold kvass on a hot weather day? I used to buy this drink only in stores. However, recently began to study the compositions and was very upset. Let's reduce the amount of chemistry in the diet together. I'm going to tell you today. How to make kvass from bread at home. It'll be good!

The beauty of kvass is that you do not need many ingredients to make it. The recipe is ridiculously simple, because even the most inexperienced hostess will cope with it. So don't be afraid to take on uncharted dishes. Sometimes you just have to try to get a good result right away. Checked!

• 0.5 loaves of rye bread
  • 3 l boiled water
  • 25-30g live yeast
  • 125g sugar
  • raisins

Preparation
  1. First, cut the rye bread into pieces. Place them on a bowl covered with parchment paper and send them to the oven to dry. The drying time depends on your oven. The optimal temperature is 170-180 degrees. Stir the bread from time to time and focus on its appearance. It needs to dry properly.

2. Prepare a 3-liter kvass jar. Wash it well, and then pour boiling water to disinfect the dishes. Put in a jar of rye crackers and pour them with 3 liters of boiling water. Then wait for the water to cool to 36-38 degrees and add half the sugar to the jar. Also dilute the yeast in a glass of warm water and add the mixture to the future kvass.

3. Now close the jar with a tight lid and remove kvass in a warm place for 2 days. But make sure that the jar does not get direct sunlight.
  4. After 2 days, strain the kvass through gauze, add raisins pre-soaked in water and the remaining sugar. Pour kvass into clean bottles and send it to the refrigerator for 1 day. Done!

Lovi's editorial board is working lifehack. When you filter the drink from the bread and yeast mass, do not throw it away. This mixture can be stored in a closed jar in the refrigerator and then reused instead of yeast starter for kvass.

If you did not manage to make a delicious kvass on the first try, no problem. I advise you to read the article of my colleague Nikolai Laduba on this topic. Sharing the material at the link. There you will find answers to all the exciting questions, and also arm yourself with a couple of small tricks.

Summer is also a good time for cooling drinks. For example, you can prepare a refreshing strawberry kvass at home. Especially since the season of fresh strawberries is not far off!

In addition, it is not always necessary to use bread to prepare kvass. Earlier on our website there was a recipe for this drink. You'll need dried apples for it. And if you are ready for even more daring experiments, I highly recommend making coffee kvass. I am sure you will surprise anyone with this drink!

The list of summer drinks can go on indefinitely. For example, I like various lemonades: classic lemon-based, lime and cherry.

Which refreshing drink do you prefer? I'll see you in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting