Without eggs and milk, the grandmother managed to prepare a meal, her hand reaches for an addition.

My grandmother often cooked. cabbage-cake I'm from the USSR. First of all, it’s a very budget-friendly recipe because it doesn’t have eggs or milk. Secondly, the dish, although simple, but very tasty and hearty. I wanted to go back to my childhood and be in my grandmother’s kitchen. Oh, that cabbage smell!

No more nostalgia - time to cook!

The classic bay cake with cabbage is prepared without the addition of eggs and dairy products. So the dish will perfectly fit into the diet of vegetarians, vegans and those who adhere to strict fasting. To make this cake, you do not need to have any special culinary skills. Even the most inexperienced hostess can handle it. Checked!

The ingredients
  • 350 ml of water
  • 30g sugar
  • 400g wheat flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 40 ml of vegetable oil
  • 250ml cucumber brine
  • 7g dry yeast
  • 1 bulb
  • 500g cabbage

Preparation
  1. First thing we do is take care of the lake. Heat the water to 40 degrees. Temperature is important, otherwise the yeast may not be activated. But it is also impossible to overheat the liquid. Add 25 grams of sugar and yeast to the water. Stir everything and let me stand for 5 minutes. When the foam appears on the surface, the opara will be ready.

2. Separately sift the flour and add 0.5 tsp of salt to it. Then add to the flour steam and vegetable oil. Mix the thick dough right in the bowl. Cover the dough with a clean waffle towel and send the bowl to a warm place for 30 minutes. In the meantime, we'll do the stuffing.
  3. Clean and grind the onion. Also, finely fit the cabbage. Roast the onions on medium heat until golden. Then add cabbage to it and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring the filling from time to time.

4. Then pour cucumber brine into the cabbage, add the remaining sugar and salt. Cover the pan with a lid and mascara filling for another 10 minutes on medium heat. Next, remove the lid, reduce the fire and extinguish the mixture until all the liquid evaporates. Let the filling cool down a little before picking the jersey cake.
  5. Warm the oven to 180 degrees. The form for baking was covered with parchment, which is best additionally lubricated with any oil. Pour half the dough into the mold and level it all over the surface. Then put the filling on top of the dough and pour the remaining dough. Distribute it evenly so that it completely covers the filling.
  6. Bake the cake for 60 minutes at 180 degrees. But focus on your oven. Before serving, the cake should be cooled a little.

Classic bay cake with cabbage: editorial advice My grandmother always lubricated the top of a cabbage pie with water mixed with sugar. This gave the dish a very unusual, but pleasant taste. You can serve it with anything. I loved eating baking cake with sour cream, just dipping a delicate piece of stuffing into it.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of cabbage. But when it's cooked in dishes like this, the hand reaches for the extra. Cabbage is very versatile. This is not just about raw vegetables. For example, a hearty brew cake can be made along with sauerkraut. The recipe was shared by my colleague Bogdan Stasyuk.

Do not forget that there are many types of cabbage. For example, from green leaves of kale cabbage, you can also prepare an interesting dish. Look for the recipe for a juicy cake at the link.

And if you don't want to mess around with dough, we have a great alternative for you. Lazy lava-cabbage pie! I'm sure you'll like it. If you cook anything from our dishes, be sure to share your impressions in the comments. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting