The story of how a forgotten umbrella opened her daughter’s eyes to what her mother was doing

Support and assistance to the family is one of the responsibilities of each person. Who else can we expect to help, if not the closest? However, sometimes it turns out that relatives blatantly take advantage of you. This is what happened to the heroine of our story, who wanted to take care of her mother, but she was also unhappy.

Editorial "Site" She shares her story with you and expects wise advice for our heroine.

To get to the heart of the situation that happened recently, you need to tell a little about your family. Of my close relatives, I only have a mother and a younger brother. My brother and I were never close. He's 13 years younger than me. My mother divorced and married for the second time. In this marriage, Anton was born.

I have to say that my stepfather treated me well, we had no problems. But Antonchik he and his mother loved more. There were always high demands on me, and my parents did everything for Anton. I won’t say it hasn’t helped me in my life. Because I became independent early and was able to get what I wanted. I now have a family, a business and an apartment.

My husband and I started from scratch and within a few years we were able to buy our own home. But Anton's parents bought an apartment. My mother assured me that most of the money was given to my stepfather, but I could hardly believe it. His parents then paid for his wedding. The couple immediately had two children. My brother's wife is on maternity leave. And my brother is in no hurry to work. He is still waiting to be paid for his talent. Although it does not make any effort at all.

You ask, what are they living for? For parents' money, of course. It's not even help, because for many years his parents just supported his whole family. While my stepfather was still alive, I didn't get involved. But six months ago he was gone, and my mother was alone. You can’t afford one pension or another. So my husband and I decided that we would give her a certain amount per month.

It seemed to me that this way I could do my part, it is good support and help to the family, of which I have only a mother. However, I soon realized that she was giving all the money to Anton. I didn't like that. So I started buying her everything I needed and bringing her back once a week. So last Saturday I brought her a bag of groceries, some hygiene products and some pairs of warm socks because she was complaining about the cold.

We talked and I forgot my umbrella. In the evening I was driving past her house and decided to pick him up. What a surprise I was when I ran into Anton right on the doorstep. He was just coming out of Mom's apartment. He had the same bag of groceries that I brought to my mother this morning. There were even warm socks on top. I expressed my indignation about it, but my mother only scolded me in response.

She said that if I were a good sister, I would offer to help my brother. And I don't understand why I have to help someone who can't find a job and provide for a family. Maybe I'm wrong about something, but I don't want to take care of their family. What do I do now? I can't completely stop helping my mother, but I don't intend to sponsor my brother either.

The opinion of the editorial office of the heroine of this story acted according to conscience, helping her mother. However, the mother decided to continue to support her son, who does not even try to change his life. It seems to us that the sister does not have to sponsor the brother. Therefore, the accusations of the mother are completely unfair. It is unlikely that the heroine will refuse to help her mother, and perhaps not worth it. What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting