I forbid my family to throw away apple peels, collect skins, show what I make of them.

I never liked it. apple-peelAlthough I know that it contains many useful substances. I often peel apples before I eat them. And the skin, of course, just throw it away. But I recently learned that apple peels can be used wisely. And not only her, but even the core of them. How it works, I tell you further in the article.

Experienced housewives know that everything will work in the kitchen! I'm just learning to follow that rule. After all, the use of any food waste is quite resource-consuming. And to figure out what to do with them, not always enough ingenuity. The good thing with the apple peel and the core, everything was invented for me.

You can use them by making homemade apple cider vinegar. Also skins are added to compotes and juices. They even make tinctures out of them! But the most unusual application is the cleaning of pots and pans with the help of apple peel. How to do this, I will tell you at the end of the article. In the meantime, I will share a simple recipe for homemade vinegar.

The ingredients
  • 6 big apples
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 450 ml of water

Preparation
  1. Peel the apples off the peel and core. The pulp itself can be used to make charlottes, for example. Put the apple waste in a liter jar. They should occupy about 3/4 of the container volume.

2. Add sugar and water to the jar. It is important that the liquid completely covers the apple peel and core. Stir the ingredients.
  3. Cover the jar with a paper towel and fix it with household gum. Place the jar in a warm place for 2 weeks. During this time, bubbles will appear on the surface of the mixture, which will begin to emit a sound characteristic of fermentation.
  4. Strain the liquid from the jar through the gauze. Better do it twice. Pour the resulting liquid into a jar, close it again with a paper towel and send it to a warm place for another 2-4 weeks.
  5. In the process, this vinegar can become cloudy. It's a normal reaction. Try it once a week to see how its taste changes. You can always stop the fermentation process. Simply pour vinegar into a new sterile jar and close it with an iron lid. This product should be stored in the refrigerator. Done!

How to use apple peel in everyday life Apple waste contains acid similar to vinegar. Therefore, they can be used to clean aluminum surfaces from sodium and fat. In order for the pans and pans to shine again, you will have to do the following manipulations.

You need to put the leather in the dishes you want to clean. Then pour the waste from the apples with water and put a pot or pan on the stove. The mixture must be brought to a boil and cooked for 30 minutes. Then the dishes should be completely cooled and washed in the usual way. Done!

And from apple peel you can make a simple and nutritious fertilizer for indoor flowers. To do this, you need to pour the skins and core with warm water and allow this liquid to infuse for 1-2 days. At this time, it is important to mix at least a couple of times. Next, the liquid should be strained and watered with it the plant no more than 1-2 times a week.

That’s all the wisdom for today! By the way, if you don't want to make vinegar from apple waste, you can always use our recipe for classic vinegar from the fruit itself. It was politely shared by my colleague Nikolai Laduba.

And I told you what is the main benefit of apple cider vinegar and why it should be introduced into your daily diet. All the most interesting you will find in the article on the link. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting