A sketch from a life in which a husband gives all the money to his mother, and he sits on his wife’s neck

My mother likes to say that even the strongest love can crash into a routine. Money, business and relationships with relatives can destroy even the most sincere feelings. With this and faced the heroine of our story, whose husband does not earn and does not put the family first.

Editorial "Site" She shares this difficult story with you. Maybe you'll tell the heroine something.

My husband doesn't make money I got married for a lot of love. I thought I would be so happy for the rest of my life. But things didn't go according to plan. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. The first year was good. But then he left the job for almost no reason. And since then, everything has been looking for itself.

A year ago, I had to leave my maternity leave prematurely because I got to the point where there was nothing to buy food for. Now I am working more than normal to earn more money for my family. The child is growing and needs a lot of things. So I started pulling my family while my husband was looking for himself. I tried not to push, I wanted to give him time to think and decide. But it took some time.

The husband has temporary jobs, but there is one nuance. Almost all the money he earned, he does not carry home, but gives to his precious mother. Antonina Yegorovna is only 60 years old, she is already retired. Truth be told, she doesn't look like a woman who can't take care of herself. My mother-in-law is also unhappy that I left my husband to take care of the children. Says it's not a man's business.

Boiling point I've endured this long enough. She's his mother, which I can do. But a couple of days ago, I asked my husband to go for groceries. He just recently got paid for a little work. And he told me to give him money because he didn't have it. Turns out he gave his mom everything he earned. She's got to pay the utilities and eat something. You see, it's hard for her to retire.

And then I couldn't stand telling him everything I thought about it. After all, our children also need to eat, and the communal does not pay itself. It's all on me! The husband was offended and left. And in the evening, my mother-in-law called me and started shouting, "How can you forbid your son to help his mother?" Do you even have a conscience? I decided not to tolerate these insults, saying everything to her.

But she said we had everything in common. It’s very convenient to say that when the apartment is mine, I earn money, and her son has only his incredible potential. I wouldn't say it's all in common. My mother-in-law doesn’t talk to me anymore. But I wasn't particularly upset about it.

I stayed up all night and thought for a long time. I'm tired of dragging everything on myself. This can't go on any longer. I think about the whole family, about the children, and my husband thinks only about my mother. Everyone has a hard time, I understand. But his difficult times have been going on for 4 years. I think my limit of understanding and patience is exhausted.

So I gave my husband a month to find a normal job. If he doesn't find anything, he should move in with his mother. I need to see that he's at least a little bit interested in our family. Do you think I did the right thing?

We think the woman did the right thing. Of course, in a family it is very important to support each other. But don't sit on your head. It is clear that parents need help, but the husband does not earn much. And the mother of the hero of this story can still cope on her own. First and foremost, you need to take care of your own children. We hope that the man realizes this and will be able to find a job and save the family.

What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting