Mother-in-law asked to buy her flowers in pots, and the money is not going to return

“I am fed up with the manipulation of communication that my mother-in-law uses. It is simply impossible to endure! – complains our reader Svetlana. Her husband's mother has been sitting on their necks for a long time, constantly begging for more and more money. But she does it cleverly - the mosquito will not spoil the nose! Whether the heroine will be able to solve this problem and reason with a good husband, read today’s history.

My husband and I live in the apartment of my relatives and pay only for communal housing. Every month we save money for our own apartment and have already collected a decent amount of money. We have good salaries, so we can live well.

And everything would be fine if my mother-in-law wasn't sitting around our neck. Olga Petrovna is 65 years old, she lives alone, receives a pension, but she lacks it. Long ago we agreed that we would help her with the payment of utilities and the delivery of food. But that mother-in-law is never enough.

I called my husband the other day and said I fell. Say, throw me a few thousand for treatment. I don't know what the treatment is. I couldn't stand it and snatched the phone from my husband's hands. On emotions began to clarify the relationship. Turns out my mother-in-law is fine. She had some ointment to smear her leg, cost a slight bruise.

The question is, what are the thousands for? The answer is silence. But my husband didn't like my scene. He indulges his mother and is always guided by her manipulation of communication. I remember when Olga Petrovna called and started complaining. I saw an expensive sausage in the store and I wanted it. There's no money.

And then the mother-in-law subtly hinted that she was standing near the ATM. Like, let the son drop the necessary amount and she will go buy this sausage. And Kostya's mother regrets, picks up the phone and immediately transfers money. And so much so that this damn sausage can feed an entire family!

My mother-in-law is tired of it. Sometimes I think my husband and I will never buy a house. I was so fed up with my mother-in-law’s constant extortion that I decided to count how much money was spent on her per month. When I announced this figure to my husband, his eyes climbed on his forehead: “You’re kidding!”

Then we had other problems, and I somehow hushed up the topic. But Olga Petrovna knows how to remind! The other day, she asked me to buy her some vasons for her apartment. Promised she'd give me money for them. Of course I was surprised. She chose the best flowers for her. Lucky.

But when I gave my mother-in-law the vases she bought, she gave me a short thank you. That was the end of it. And then I couldn’t stand it: “Olga Petrovna, you told me on the phone that you would pay for the flowers.” My mother-in-law looked at me questioningly. It’s like I owe her money, not me.

“Dear Light, I didn’t tell you that!” I thought you came to me willingly with gifts. Look how beautiful it is! my mother-in-law replied as if mocking. At that moment, I thought I was going to break all these vases to hell. But prudence prevailed.

I just turned around silently and walked out of her apartment. But she couldn’t stand it in the car and burst into bitter tears. I don’t know what to do or how to talk to my mother. She literally sucks all the juice out of me. Energy and money vampire!

When I got home, I told my husband everything. He didn’t like it, even though he was always on his mother’s side. Like, she's old enough to be more tolerant and blah blah blah. But I'm tired of having to endure her antics!

Kostya promised that he would talk to her. But I'm afraid it won't work. I'm starting to think about keeping a separate budget with my husband. My mother-in-law won't get another penny out of my pocket!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Do not let your relatives sit on your neck, whoever they are. It is necessary to allow one mistake, and from the cycle of problems do not escape. You need to be able to protect your personal boundaries and not to indulge all the whims of relatives. Agree, Svetlana and her husband are doing more than enough to make Olga Petrovna not poor. Why should they pay for any of her whims?

Tell me, what do you think about this story?

Tags

See also

New and interesting