Yesterday I baked a gallet with apricots, today - with cherries: it is flawless.

The cherry gallet, the recipe you're going to find out today, really hit me. First of all, it's just beautiful. Secondly, it is incredibly delicious and aromatic. And that's despite the fact that I forgot to stuff vanilla sugar. The dish turned out very tender and moderately sweet. Be sure to try to prepare this treat!

To prepare a tilet of sand dough, I will use 2 types of flour: almond and whole grain. You can use only wheat, or experiment with gluten-free mixtures. Coconut oil can be replaced with ghee oil.

The ingredients
  • 50g almond flour
  • 100g whole wheat flour
  • 30g coconut oil
  • 80g sugar
  • 5-7 tbsp water
  • 0.5 tsp baking powder
  • 200–250g seedless cherries
  • 1.5 tsp cornstarch
  • vanilla

Preparation
  1. To make dough, I mix in a separate deep bowl 2 types of flour, oil, water and baking powder. I also add 20 g of sugar so that the base for the gallet is with a slight sweetish taste.

2. Stir dough with my hands. It takes a couple of minutes as the ingredients work perfectly in tandem. Then I form a ball of dough and send it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  3. While the sand dough is resting, I am preparing the fillings. To do this, I send seedless cherries into a pottery and fill it with the remaining sugar (60 g), also add vanilla sugar. Then I put it on a medium fire and wait for the cherries to let the juice go and the sugar to dissolve. From time to time, the filling must be disturbed.

4. When the cherry begins to boil, I pour corn starch into it and, constantly stirring, I cook the mixture. It needs to thicken well. Getting the stuffing off the fire. I'm turning on the oven 180 degrees so it can heat up while I'm forming the gallet.
  5. I take the finished dough out of the refrigerator and place it on a piece of parchment paper. I'll be rolling dough on it and baking a tilet with stuffing. So I roll the dough into a fairly thin layer. We don't need a perfectly flat circle.

6. Next, I lay the filling on the dough, leaving about 1.5-2 cm. I bend the edges, forming a rounded shape of a gallet. I send a ball in the oven for 30 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.

7. I'm serving a ready-made cherry topping with heat. You can decorate the treat with a ball of filling. Enjoy your tea!

Editorial advice: gallet and recipe My most important advice: double-dose. I'm not kidding, this pastry is worth it! I used to do this with apricot stuffing. And the next day I decided to experiment with cherries.

This is a great idea how you can successfully use not very sweet berries or fruits. For example, I did not like my cherry taste at all. But in the gallet she played with new colors.

If you don’t want to use regular white sugar, replace it with coconut. I'd try stuffing with agave or artichoke syrup. I'm sure it will be juicy and delicious as well.

I also enjoyed working with the test. In the future, I plan to make a salt gallet with mushroom filling on its basis. It’s great that this recipe gives you the opportunity to experiment with different flavors and textures. Use it!

If you decide to cook a tilet according to this recipe, be sure to share the result in the comments. I'll wait!

Tags

See also

New and interesting