My husband started screaming and interrogating, and I insulted his mother again.

How to live with your mother-in-law under one roof without going crazy? Today our heroine has found an unfailing way to pacify the domineering mother-in-law and make life easier for herself. We share her practical tips with you and look forward to commenting on what you think about her method of solving family problems!

When the husband offered to live with his mother, until there was an opportunity to move into their own housing, I immediately agreed. At the time, the idea seemed reasonable.

And although it was clear that we were facing difficulties, because the relationship with my mother-in-law from the very beginning was not very good, I was ready to seek compromises and do everything to establish a relationship with her.

However, after 3 years of constant scandals and claims, my desire to find a common language with this woman finally came to naught.

In order not to be unfounded, let me cite the last incident that absolutely knocked me off track.

A couple of weeks ago, my brother visited me without notifying me of his visit. Of course, I was delighted. My mother-in-law was extremely unhappy about his visit.

In the evening, when my brother left (thanks for not with him), Valentina Stepanovna decided to remind me who the hostess was in the house. With an important look, she went into my bedroom and declared that I had no right to invite guests to the house. At least without asking her permission.

And before that, I would have taken it for granted. But not this time...

Having gathered all the will in a fist, so as not to blur out something superfluous on the emotions, I politely replied that my relatives can come to me anytime.

I justified my full right to invite guests by the fact that all 3 years of my stay in her house constantly invest in her housing. And as an example, I put a fresh renovation in the bathroom, which was carried out entirely at my expense.

After listening to me, the mother-in-law only snorted and sullenly went to her room.

In the evening, the husband rushed from work all ruffled and angry, like a pack of hungry dogs. “What happened again? Why does my mother always have to endure your antics? Immediately go to her and apologize, otherwise I will file for divorce tomorrow!

And I apologized. But I apologized not to my mother-in-law, but to myself for spending so much time and energy on these people. Then she calmly packed up and went to her mother.

To say that both husband and mother-in-law were taken aback by this development of events is to say nothing. How did their ever-compliant and reasonable Verochka suddenly decide to show character? It's incomprehensible!

After a couple of days, the husband, like a cute one, came with flowers and begged to return home. He said his mother also apologized. So after a little thought, I agreed to give this family a second chance. Since then, everything has been quiet and peaceful for love.

I finally managed to unravel the secret of comfortable living with my mother-in-law. The only rule that should be understood is that you can not show your fear and let your mother-in-law feel moral superiority over yourself. Otherwise, you will live in the role of a lodger, and not the legal wife of her son.

What do you think about this whole story? What would your reaction be to such provocations by your mother-in-law? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting