The story of a husband who can’t keep his mouth shut when necessary.

The news that the mother-in-law came to visit, each daughter-in-law perceives differently. Someone is happy, someone counts the days before departure. It is difficult for two strangers of different generations to find a common language. Guests are not welcome, especially if they stay for a few weeks. This is what happened to the heroine of our history.

Editorial "Site" He tells a story in which his mother-in-law stayed at his daughter-in-law’s house, and his husband made it worse.

Recently, my mother-in-law called and said that she was going to visit. The husband was glad, he had not seen his mother for a long time, because she lives in the village. I was also happy because I love and respect my mother. We have always had a warm relationship with her, she is a nice person. We both looked forward to her arrival.

Everything was great at first. We spent a long time with our mother-in-law in the kitchen talking. She brought goodies from the village, and I treated her to my specialties. What to say about the husband, his life in general turned into a fairy tale. We had a great time, but the days passed and my mother-in-law was not going to come home. She left her husband on the farm, nothing to worry about. So she decided to stay with us longer.

Over time I became a little tired of the presence of my mother-in-law. We often have friends. So somehow we're sitting there drinking tea. The mother-in-law comes in, pours herself a plate of borscht and sits down with us. Adding to the awkwardness was her talk about the village, about the harvest that year, how much milk the cow gives. The friends smiled awkwardly and then rushed home.

My husband's mother-in-law has been here for three weeks. I was very happy when she started going home. We took her on the train and said goodbye. When we got home, I decided to talk to my husband about the situation. I explained that I liked his mother, but I didn’t want her to come here so often.

Honestly, I would be bored by any guests who decided to stay for three weeks. I was hoping my husband would understand. We kind of calmly discussed it. I was glad. And then my mother-in-law called to say that she had arrived normally. And then the husband went and blurted out, "Mom, thank you for coming." But don't come back this long, because my wife is very tired.

My mother-in-law laughed and said she understood everything. And I was so embarrassed that I wanted to go underground. I didn’t even talk to my husband that night. How could you say that? Couldn't have been human? Now I don’t even know how to communicate with my mother-in-law, how to look her in the eyes. Now I'm thinking what to tell her?

For some reason, the editorial board made fun of this story. My husband’s actions made me laugh from the heart. It is unclear, of course, whether he did it because of his innocence or wanted to annoy his wife. Anyway, it's hard to blame him for anything. It was his mother, and he was glad she came and stayed with him.

The wife should learn to be more reserved and patient. Of course, guests can tire, but it's not the man on the street, and the mother of her husband. We don't think I should have told my husband to stop calling my mom. Obviously, that upset him, and he said what he said.

Who do you think is right in this situation and how to resolve this conflict?

Tags

See also

New and interesting