My mother-in-law came to us unannounced with a bunch of cleaning supplies, decided to put things in order, since I couldn't.

“It's the holidays, stop cleaning And enjoy what you have! A huge number of people these days, tired of the past year, admit that they simply do not have enough strength for work, home routine and even self-development. Everyone just wants to eat, have fun and have fun. And how else if the nervous system every year tenses more and more. A huge number of news, social networks and in general various activities make literally burn out from the inside.

You have to sacrifice some part of the time in order to get back to normal, relax and gain strength for the new, coming year, which also promises to be quite difficult. The older generation is also bubbling a little, but is more confident than the young. And here are the young people themselves. Anyway, you're pretty good at it.

Stop cleaning. It's New Year's Eve again, and I'm having a fight with my husband over all this nonsense. I once wrote that for our family the first celebration of the year turned into a squabble and misunderstanding. But then we hushed it up and were able to reach a certain consensus. I thought that nothing like this would ever happen again in the future, but thanks to my mother-in-law. How can we not survive without her participation, without this we, damn it!

In general, until recently everything was very good. I was preparing for the upcoming holidays, deciding which loved ones to invite, running around shopping and all that. I must say, although this routine is considered probably the most pleasant of all possible, even it can be exhausting. While my husband was making money at work, I wanted to make sure he was in a good mood. After all, he is completely ignorant in these matters, and except for the purchase of a crappy Christmas tree, his male imagination is not enough for anything.

So, to be honest, I only spent one day cleaning the whole apartment, and then decided not to pay attention to all the little things. Our friends are coming. And this, for a second, is a bunch of unwashed dishes, rain, confetti from pop-ups and all that stuff. You still have to clean up, so why bother yourself and get distracted by everything? No, I'm not a slob, I'm just thinking like an adult. I don’t want to get tired of the days when God told us to rest.

Besides, my husband is my only radar for cleanliness: who better to decide if I am doing my cleaning duties well or badly? He's got an eye open after work. So why would I bother to listen to others, right? That's what I thought until my mother-in-law came to visit us one day. We had no conflict with her before. So I don't really bother inside her parishes. At least I haven’t worked out exactly before.

And she was in a good mood that day. I bought her a piece of cake from the fridge, made the best tea my husband and I had. I met my mother with all my love and attention. I didn't even notice that she was the one walking around the apartment all the time. At first I wasn't interested in it at all, I thought maybe she was nervous or wanted to go to the latrines. But then, the next day, I understood.

How did you get it? It's simple. She came to us again, without a call, without warning, with some bottles of cleaning products, gloves and full confidence that I was waiting for her. She did not like the order in the apartment, and she decided to personally clean our house. With your own hands, with your own chemistry. And I had to “not distract from things and not even pay attention to her.” Some hour and a half, and in our apartment, according to her, everything was supposed to sparkle, as it should be for the holidays.

I didn’t even understand at first, I thought it was some kind of joke or mockery on her part. Like, my mother-in-law decided to show me that I was dirty and that she would leave now and leave her belongings for me, so that I could see how she overcame half the city for this remark, as long as I was not lying on the couch. But no, she really changed, pulled some old scarf over her head and got to work. And I should have just watched or maybe cooked, I don't know.

So it is not surprising that there was an active protest on my part. I started screaming, angry, even though I tried not to get mad. Then I began to persuade my husband’s mother to go to the room, and I, so to speak, will wash the plate and cup from the morning meal. Oh, yeah, she wasn't comfortable with the fact that we put some unnecessary things on the balcony in order to have more space in the room. That's it, imagine. She didn't even have anything else to complain about.

But she didn't seem to hear me. I began to look for a mop, did not find it and began to grumble, that does not understand how it is so that it is impossible to find a mop in the house. What she wanted to do with her, I don't even know: there are 2 vacuum cleaners in the house. One is normal and one is automatic, which drives by itself. Apparently, all this “robotics” makes no impression on her generation. If you wash it with your hands, to the third calluse.

So when my husband came home and saw both of us, angry, sitting in different corners of the room, he was quite surprised. First I listened to my mother’s point of view, then mine. It is also interesting that he came carrying a medium-sized living tree in an arm. And this, you know, is a needle all over the house. But my mother-in-law did not react, although even I know that all the rooms, including the kitchen and even the bathroom, will have to be cleaned of these needles. It's, you know, different.

After my mother left our apartment, my husband began to lament and scold me as if I had had an easy day before. You see, I'm rude because I hurt an old woman. She could keep quiet and keep doing her own thing. It's always been like that in their family. Mom cleans up, Dad watches TV, and that's okay. And I didn't have the education and understanding to stop our conflict.

That is, she came to our house, for which we still pay the loan. I don't owe her anything in that regard. She didn't warn me, and even more so, offended me as a mistress. And instead of apologizing to me, she made me feel guilty. What? These are the holidays. Not a situation, but a natural madhouse. The mood is spoiled, there is no desire to celebrate something with your spouse. It was necessary to arrange such a stupid conflict in these days. I will try to behave normally now, but only for the guests and my own nerves. And in two weeks, I think my husband and I will talk about this. Here's the New Year, here's your new gifts.

Tags

See also

New and interesting