Tell the story of a real crab salad and suggest cooking with me

My mom always used it. salad recipe with crab sticks and rice. I didn't even know another holiday snack for a long time. Only then it turned out that many families put cucumber in this salad, and there is no rice there. But what ingredients are included in this dish in its classic version?

Editorial "Site" Do not wait for the New Year to cook a juicy crab salad. Today I will tell you about the history of the creation of this snack, and also share a detailed recipe. It'll be good!

As it turned out, there are many hypotheses for the occurrence of crab salad. According to one of them, the ancestor of our favorite snack was a salad Louis, named after the French King Louis XIV. He loved various delicacies and exquisite dishes. So one of the main ingredients was real crab meat.

There's another version. Louis crab salad appeared in America in the early 20th century. He was named after Louis Davenport. The famous American entrepreneur owned a hotel in Washington state. It was there that the idea of making the original crab meat salad was born. And then the dish began to cook in other states of the United States.

To our latitudes, the recipe of the famous salad came in the times of the USSR. However, such a delicacy as crab meat, Soviet hostess could only dream. The ingenuity and crab sticks that appeared on the shelves did their job. Thus was born a new variation of the cult dish.

As soon as they make a salad with crab sticks these days! Skillful housewives add rice, fresh or pickled cucumbers, cabbage, seafood and even pineapple to the snack. I like the more classic version with rice cereal. This dish will no longer look like a snack. More like a good lunch or dinner. Let's cook it together!

How to prepare a salad with crab sticks and rice Ingredients
  • 300g crab sticks
  • 80g rice cereal
  • 4 eggs
  • 250g canned corn
  • 2 fresh cucumbers
  • 100g mayonnaise
  • salt

Preparation
  1. Wash the rice well. Then boil 300 ml of pure water in a soteinka, add rice and salt to it. Cook porridge for about 15 minutes on a small fire until ready. The finished rice is drained through a sieve and washed with clean cold water. Why do that, I wrote earlier.

2. Boil hard-boiled eggs. Then clean them and cut them with a small cube. Focus on the size of the corn. Then similarly grind cucumbers (the skin can not be removed) and crab sticks. Pour the liquid off the canned corn.

3. Mix in a large bowl of eggs, crab sticks, cucumbers and corn. Also add boiled rice to the ingredients. Make the salad mayonnaise and salt it to taste. Cover the salad and put it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. It needs to brew and cool down. Done!

It is not necessary to wait for the New Year to prepare a delicious salad with crab sticks and rice. A hearty dish is also great for everyday diet. If you want to make it less caloric, replace mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or prepare a mayonnaise dressing yourself.

By the way, I know that some housewives replace rice in salad with boiled potatoes. In this variation, I have not yet cooked this dish. Have you heard of that?

Tell me in the comments, do you like classic crab salad? Maybe you're cooking it your way. It will be great if you share your recipe in the comments. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting