Is it true that Ivar Kalninsh has left Russia forever and does not plan to return?

73-year-old Latvian actor Kalnins Ivar Edmundovich The other day he made a big statement. His words immediately began to be discussed not only by various media, but also by his supporters and detractors. What did he say?

Today's edition. "Site" He offers to talk about this actor of theater and cinema, who made his name in the USSR. Although after the collapse of that huge country, he managed to find himself in new interesting projects, participated in television shows, starred in music videos.

The invasion of Ukraine by the Russian army was an unpleasant surprise for Ivar Edmundovich. He never expected that the country he had worked in for so many years would suddenly send troops to his nearest neighbor.

A particularly unpleasant discovery was that many ordinary people in Russia reacted to this disaster indifferently. And some even supported, rejoiced and waited for the imminent “great victory”.

“I have finished all relations with Russia. I do not call there myself - I do not want to be disappointed in people, the Soviet and Latvian actor said.

Peels Man also noted that he does not intend to change his point of view. Therefore, it will not be possible to see him in Russia this year, next year or in the distant future. And Ivar is outraged by the inconstancy of some celebrities.

“There are those who leave loudly slamming the door and come back on tiptoes. I am so saddened by this, gentlemen, says Kalnins.

It is interesting that first of all Ivar Edmundovich here talks about Chulpan Khamatova, who is allegedly not satisfied with her earnings in Riga. Although Khamatova herself did not declare her desire to return. And such rumors were actively promoted mainly in those media outlets that have long been known for their pro-Kremlin position.

As for Kalninsh himself, his loud statement about the end of relations with Russia made a lot of noise. Some of his longtime fans were outraged that he did so. They claim that the man achieved everything solely thanks to the Russian audience.

The other part thanks Ivar for his firm anti-war stance. And here it should be noted that Kalnins found himself in a huge company of actors, directors, musicians and other cultural figures who do not accept the war and demand its cessation.

What do you think about this position of a famous actor of theater and cinema? Share your opinion in the comments.

Photo by Schekinov Aleey Victorovich, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons

Tags

See also

New and interesting