I multiply yeast at home, from 1 pack easily make a sea of yeast

Yeast is dry and fresh - it does not matter, as long as they are. Even if 1 pack of yeast remains, her breedable! I know two great ways that will help when the yeast is very small. No one will be left without bread!

Today's edition. "Site" He will tell you how one yeast-pack make 100 packs. Working methods of yeast reproduction!

Yeast dry and fresh

The first thing you need to know is that they are dry and yeast - interchangeable. 1 part of dry yeast is equal to 3 parts pressed. That is, 10 grams of dry yeast can be replaced by 30 grams of pressed yeast and vice versa.

In addition, pressed yeast can be frozen. To do this, pieces of yeast must be wrapped in foil. It is better to defrost them in foil in the refrigerator, then thawed yeast can be safely used for its intended purpose.

The First Way Ingredients
  • 1 tsp pressed yeast
  • 1 tsp water
  • 1 tsp flour

Preparation
  1. In a convenient container, put yeast and crumble them with your hands. Pour a little warm water and stir.
  2. Add the flour and stir until uniform.
  3. Cover the mass with food film and leave in a warm place for 3 hours.
  4. After 3 hours, this mass will fully match the usual pressed yeast. If you use some of these yeasts, then the shortage can be replaced with water and flour (one to one). This mass can be reproduced again in a ratio of 1: 1 (mass, water, flour).
  5. Keep it that way. yeast in glassware under a loosely closed lid.
  6. It is important to always keep one third of the total mass. To the main mass, you need to house flour and water every 5 days.

This is the recipe our grandmothers in the villages made their household yeastleaving a piece of dough for the next baking.

The ingredients
  • 11g dry yeast
  • 150 ml of slightly warm water
  • 10 tbsp flour

Preparation
  1. Pour dry yeast into the bowl and pour them with slightly warm water. Stir the wreath so that the yeast dissolves in the water.
  2. Sprinkle the flour and knead the thick dough with your hands.
  3. Put the dough in a bowl with a lid. Leave it in a warm place for an hour.
  4. After 60 minutes, stir the dough with a spoon and put it in the refrigerator for a day. Note that the longer this dough is in the refrigerator, the yeast becomes stronger and better.
  5. After a day, such dough can be added to baking as yeast. However, note that as a parcel, it should be taken 3 times more than the specified proportions of pressed yeast in the recipe for bread or pie. For example, if the recipe says that you need to take 30 grams of pressed yeast, then you need to use 90 grams of such a test.
  6. Such dough can also be propagated by adding flour and water in a 2:1 ratio (2 parts flour and one part water).
  7. In such starter you need every 5 days to add 65 grams of flour and 35 grams of water. Stir the mass and leave again for 5 days. This process can be continuous!

I also suggest learning how to bake bread on home yeast, as our grandfathers once did. Step-by-step recipe!

Dry and fresh yeast can be propagated by any of the above methods, subject to proportions. I remind you that 1 part of dry yeast is equal to 3 parts of pressed yeast.

From myself I can say that bread from such yeast is much more delicious than the store! They say the first pancake, but the first bread is not.

I tried it once. breed yeast? Do you have a good recipe for homemade bread? If so, I would love to hear about it in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting